January 2013 Moms
Options

Awake at night

So my LO is going through another phase where he is waking up every few hours throughout the night. When your LOs wake up in the middle of the night and are wide awake, do you play with them? If not, what do you do to try to get them back to sleep? Certain times he'll fall asleep eating and then others, like tonight, he's wide awake and wants to talk and play. I read him a book but really don't want to put him on his play mat to encourage him to stay up, but so far no signs of sleepiness and its been 45 mins! This is the 2nd time up already tonight so I'm one tired momma!!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Awake at night

• Options
    Don't play with him or it'll take longer to recognize that night time is just for sleeping. I know it's awful but just try bouncing/rocking/swaying in a dark quiet place until he goes back to sleep.
  • Options
    imagethis decaf life:
    Don't play with him or it'll take longer to recognize that night time is just for sleeping. I know it's awful but
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i agree with pp but i will add...i so got a video of ds having happy baby party time at 3 am!

i woke to him giggling and 'talking' so instead of talking to him or going back to sleep, i recorded it! it's nice to have to have a reminder that
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No don't play or even talk to them. I offer the paci and do the shush and pat. If that doesn't work I rock her in the dark. But I try not to pick her up.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"