Georgia Babies
Options

Northside Hospital classes?

Hi everyone, if you delivered at Northside and took any of their birthing classes, what is your opinion of them? There are SO many, but I am thinking the ones we need are: childbirth, breastfeeding, and maybe the baby essentials class. Apparently some are taught by doctors and some aren't. Can anyone recommend the class(es) they thought were good or a specific instructor? Thanks!!

TTC since 1/11. "Unexplained" IF. 6/12 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN. 7/12 and 8/12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI = BFN. Taking a break and planning for a final IUI before the end of the year, but back to considering adoption. Repeat AMH of 0.67, ouch. 3rd try 10/12 - 100mg Clomid and back-to-back IUIs = BFP!

Re: Northside Hospital classes?

• Options
    I definitely recommend the infant CPR class. In hindsight, I wish I had taken the breastfeeding class, so I would suggest taking that one too.

• Options
    We took the couples breastfeeding, baby essentials, and CPR classes and really liked all of them. Esp the breastfeeding one. We are probably going to take the CPR class again this summer before arrival of baby #2.
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I really liked baby essentials but HATED the breastfeeding class.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered dd1 at NSHForsyth and DD2 at NSHAtlanta. We took the basic childbirth class with dd1 and while it was good overall (the relaxation techniques, etc) it didn't really give us any clue as to what to expect when things..plans change. I really was not prepared AT ALL for what would happen to me during a csection (and how hard my dr pushed it for no real reason... hindsight.) Regardless, I still would recommend it, I suppose. Make sure you take the Women's Center tour for the hospital you will be delivering at. This was a great tour! If you are planning on BFing, you can never really have too much information, education and support! We skipped the CPR class since dh and I were already certified. If you are wanting a natural birth or simply one less "clinical", I would recommend seeking out a doula. There are many great classes locally that aren't directly through the hospitals. (also, Intown Midwifery is a great resource..they have monthly classes and M&G).  Good luck mama! :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I finally got a chance to come back and check this thread! Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it!! I was definitely leaning toward the CPR and BF classes but not sure about the general class.... Maybe we'll do the tour and decide from there.

Thanks!

TTC since 1/11. "Unexplained" IF. 6/12 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN. 7/12 and 8/12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI = BFN. Taking a break and planning for a final IUI before the end of the year, but back to considering adoption. Repeat AMH of 0.67, ouch. 3rd try 10/12 - 100mg Clomid and back-to-back IUIs = BFP!
  • Options
    We took the baby essentials and childbirth prep classes. Both were very informative. I didn't want to go to the breastfeeding class (time and money) so I took it online for free. You can review it as many times as needed. I would look into any online classes for sure. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"