Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

6 week old sleeping 7-8 hours a night ?

My six week old has been sleeping in 7-8 hour stretches at night for the past 3 weeks.  I told my pediatrician this and she told me that at this age she should be sleeping 5-6 hours and then I should wake her up.  Is this odd?  She's my 3rd baby so I'm loving her sleeping pattern since my older two never slept well.  I guess I just don't see the need to wake her if she is sleeping well.  I am up in the night with my two year old, and going to the bathroom so I check on her all throughout the night (she's in a RNP next to my bed).  Would you do what the pediatrician suggested or leave her to sleep on her own schedule?

Re: 6 week old sleeping 7-8 hours a night ?

• Options
    Let her sleep!
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Options

So is mine!

Let her sleep... it seems like as long as they are gaining weight normally theres no reason to wake them up at night.

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Absolutely let her sleep!

• Options

imagekmornelas29:
    Let her sleep!

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Let her sleep. It is good that she is by your bed though so you can check on her.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • Options

My 4 week old went 7.5 hours between feedings the other night.  I follow his cues.  The lactation consultant at my pediatrician's office said it's not worth waking a baby to eat because you waste so much time trying to wake them enough to eat

• Options
    Heck no!  As long as LO has regained birth weight no need to wake them.  DS started consistently STTN at around 8w and he is almost off the charts in terms of weight/length.  Leave it alone!
  • Options
    Let her sleep. My dr said I could let her sleep after she reached her birth weight.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Can I just say congrats! So jealous!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would let her sleep. DD sleeps anywhere from 5-7 hours for the past week or so. I'm not complaining. If my dr told me to wake her up in the night, I'd tell him he can come and take care of her for me, because I'm gonna sleep! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD slept through the night at 4 weeks and still does at 12 weeks (830pm - 6:30am). I say let her sleep. If she's hungry she'll let you know!! Smile

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

imagekmornelas29:
    Let her sleep!

EXACTLY!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"