Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Early Walker - what kind of shoes?

Hello!  Ellie started walking at 9 months.  So far, I haven't purchased any shoes because she is always inside.  Now since it is getting nice out we want to venture outside :)  But I need to have shoes for her so she doesn't hurt her feet.  Any suggestions on good shoes?  Are some better than others?  I know they need to be flexible and close to a bare foot experience (but with protection).  Any suggestions without breaking the bank?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Early Walker - what kind of shoes?

• Options
    I LOVED DD's first shoes they were See Kai Run brand, you can get ones for not too bad on Amazon. They are perfect first walker shoes.
    DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
    DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

• Options
    I like Robeez (or Mini Stars which is the cheaper Target brand) because they are very close to bare feet. The only bad part is they aren't really water proof.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did Robeez knock-offs for a little while, but he started walking in the winter so we were inside for everything.  For outdoors I'd go for something more protective, like Stride-Rites.  Just invest in 1 good pair.  It's worth it!

Anniversary

• Options

Robeez and Pediped. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our favorite pairs are from Payless.  The Stride Rite ones they can yank off in 2 seconds.  We got these pink sneakers from Payless that have very flexible soles - you can bend the shoe completely in half - but the sneaker fits snug to their fee
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stride Rite makes great shoes for early walkers. They are flexible with good support and protect their feet.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    We just bought a pair of stride rite sneakers for DD and although they were expensive I really love them and DD walks very well in them.  We also have Robeez but if they are outside at the park or something I think sneakers are better.
  • Options

I had a couple pairs of MudTurtles off etsy that were great. They were fine in summer, not that all that warm once fall hit. I got her some Circo brand tennis shoes and a pair of dressier shoes from Target. They lasted a long time, fit great, had decen

• Options

imagemeg_2006:
    For outdoors I'd go for something more protective, like Stride-Rites.  Just invest in 1 good pair.  It's w
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    we used stride rite made for early walkers and they were great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We took him to stride rite for his first pair of shoes.  They were able to measure his foot and tell us which shoe would be best for his stage. 

• Options

stride rite are great! I would get one pair for running and playing so worth it!!

• Options

imagemeg_2006:
    We did Robeez knock-offs for a little while, but he started walking in the winter so we were inside for everything.
  • Options
    aandgaandg member
    I like Pediped and See Kai Run for early walkers. They both have great sales at the end of the season on their websites.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If she's been walking for 3+ months, I imagine she's not really unsteady on her feet anymore, right?  Once they're up and moving around confidently, you can just get regular shoes.  We love Stride Rites.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Another vote for Stride Rite!  DD was also an early walker, and their shoes are great quality.  They are pricey, but she wore hers daily for 5 months (until she outgrew them),  and they are still in great shape.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Our pedi recommended Stride Rite and Pedipeds first walkers. My daughter prefers the Pedipeds. We really liked the ones that are kind of like moccasins with the soft leather soles. You can actually get those from Target. We let her wear those indoors and

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have tried several brands, and I have to say that Stride Rite is DEFINITELY worth it. My daughter work her pair of size 3 for about 6 months and they still l
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"