Maryland Babies
Options

questions about a Jogging stroller

I'm not going lie, I dont jog.

i just feel like they "handle" better than traditional 4 wheel strollers. I feel like you can turn smoother and at a better radius.

So, is it OK to use a jogging stroller for everyday life? My brother is telling me that they are not stable enough to use for everyday. apparently he heard they tip over easily?

can someone with some experience using one tell me if its good for everyday "strolling" or if a 4 wheel one would be more appropriate.

thanks ladies :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: questions about a Jogging stroller

• Options
    Once I got our jogging stroller, it's the only one we used. I do jog, but I used it everywhere else too and had no problems. The beauty of wanting one not for jogging is that you can get one of the less expensive ones that might not maneuver so well for a
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There are quite a few options with the features of a jogging stroller, that aren't truly a jogger. We have the Britax B Ready stroller and while it isn't made for jogging, it's has very simliar features of our Bumbleride Indie, but it can be used for our
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ras26ras26 member
    We do run with ours, and purposefully got one that handles less well (fixed front wheel) on turns because it was safer for the purpose of running.  However, I don't really see why if you got one with a spinny (technical term) front wheel it would be
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thanks for the input ladies, i feel much better about my choice now. We were looking at the Baby Trend jogger in Liberty, it seemed pretty stable to me in the store, just wanted some experienced input as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love my jogger!  I do run with it.  I feel it's sturdy, and it's got great storage options for me and Claire.  Only thing I don't like is it's bigger.
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options

I don't have a jogging stroller, but I'd be very leery of getting one if you plan on using at malls/shopping, museums, etc.  They are hard to manuveur in tight, crowded places. 

If you plan to use it mostly outdoors, I think it'll wo

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have a city elite and its not labeled as a Jogger, but has the strap for if you jog, figure that one out!

Anywho, DH wanted a stroller with rubber wheels and since most of the smaller strollers come with plastic wheels we ended up with the City

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenezwee:

Anywho, DH wanted a stroller with rubber wheels and since most of the smaller strollers come with plastic wheels we en

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Its very big and bulky, the stroller that is. Its hard to maneuver in between racks of clothes. You can always buy a cheap umbrella stroller once the baby gets a bit older to take into the mall.

For the basket, I currently use a small 31 tote as

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Jeep jogging stroller with the stable front wheel and we use it when we are at outside events (Renaissance Festival, parks, zoo, and walking to the local coffee shop). We also have a cheap umbrella stroller that we use for malls and on the go,
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"