Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

When did you go on your first vacation w/o your little one?

My little girl is a year and a half now and I have not spent one night away from her and my husband and I really need a night away, but its really hard for to leave her. When did you take your first vacation with out your baby??

Re: When did you go on your first vacation w/o your little one?

• Our first time was when we were in the hospital having DS2 a month ago.

My mom is the only one that has ever watched DS1 and she has other grand kids and I have a younger brother so we don't get many nights out.

• Our son is a good traveller, so we mostly take him with us everywhere. But one time, when he was 13 months old, we were home for Christmas, and my dad wanted him to spend the night. I said, "SWEET! GO FOR IT!" and he did okay. There was quite a bit of tro

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My first time away from her overnight was when she was almost 4 months, but she was home with DH.  I think the first time DH and I left her with someone else overnight was shortly after that, though. 
  • She was a couple of months old when DD stayed with my mom overnight. If we have an evening event to go to that is past her bedtime, then she usually stays over night at my mom's...(my mom's choice.) We try to do a one night stay every few months at my

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• DD is 19 months, and we have not yet left her overnight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We haven't done it either. If we were going to do it I would say Napa! We honeymooned in sonoma and I loved it and I really want to go to Napa too.

But for our first big vacation after DS was born we went to WDW and took him with. We are expecti

\image  image

• We left DD for a long weekend (Fri - Sun) when she was 8 months.  She did great.  We are leaving her again for 4 days (Sat ? Tues) next weekend.  Each time she stays with my mom and my in-laws.  They trade off a day or two each.&nbs

Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A vacation and a night away are different things IMO. We did our first night away from DS when he was 4.5 months old for our anniversary. Our first vacation was when he was 11 months, and we were gone for 3 nights in Vegas. We only went because DH's grand
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • We have only left DD overnight twice with friends. Once was when we went to a concert; she was about 15 months. The other time was when DS was born a few weeks ago. They re our best friends and have a daughter the same age. So we knew that she was well ta

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We went to a wedding halfway across the country when LO was 9 weeks old.  It was a bit tough, but I made a promise as a bridesmaid and kept that promise. 

The first FUN weeklong trip we took was when LO was 15 months old.  DH and

• imagelindslalala:
    A vacation and a night away are different things IMO. We did our first night away from DS when he was 4.5 months
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We first left him overnight at 6 months for our anniversary and then again just after a year for two nights (it was a "weaning" vacation, and it worked!). It was amazing to be able to go hang out with hubby and relax, sleep in, etc. without LO, but we mis

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • We haven't yet (well, I haven't) but MH and I planned a trip for the end of July (4 nights), DD will be just shy of 20 months.  My parents will come to our house to stay with her.  I'm actually not in any rush to take a vacation without her,

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I haven't gone on vacation w/o LO yet, but DD has spent the night at her Grandparents house a few times AND DD and DH took a vacation w/o me. They traveled across the country for a long weekend to see his family when she was 15 months old. I didn't really
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but I think time away from your LO is really important to your marriage & own sense of self. Like some PP said, we've done many date nights once she turned about 6 months old that we dropped her off at my in-laws (who sh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I totally agree that time away together as a husband and wife is so worth it!  We went away to Aruba for 5 days when my daughter was 1.5 years old.  We just did a short weekend away to upstate NY two weeks ago.

Now is the time to

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"