Pre-School and Daycare

Update to refusal to go to church

I posted a couple of weeks ago how I had to suffer through sticking with the consequences of allowing ds to stay home from church, but no electronics.  It was painful that morning.

Well, it must have made an impression because this morning when asked if he wanted to go, first he said no until I reminded him about no electronic rule.  He paused for a moment and then asked me to get his church clothes out. 

Yay, not caving to save my sanity that one morning worked!  Boosts my confidence in future dealings :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update to refusal to go to church

• Yay!  THe harder right now path is nearly always the easier in the long run.  When I was a behavior therapist I would bang my head on the wall not understanding why parents didn't get that.  Then I had kids and I get it.  Sometimes

• imageLoveEeyore:

Yay!  THe harder right now path is nearly always the easier in the long run.  When I was a behavior ther

• Loading the player...
  • ha!  You ladies made me smile & chuckle because I was a Peds SLP and there is so much I understand from the parents' POV that seemed crazy/frustrating at the time.  My how kids change us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKitten80:
    ha!  You ladies made me smile & chuckle because I was a Peds SLP and there is so much I understand from the pa
  • This is totally OT from your post, but do you have any idea why he doesn't want to go to church?  Maybe the kids are mean to him, the teacher isn't friendly, etc?  My kids LOVE church so it's strange to me that a child wouldn't (though mine arei

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"