Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Possible or not?????

Is it possible start a feeding and sleeping schedule at three weeks? It seems that when I let my LO sleep for longer than two or three hours she wakes very hungry and eats like crazy. But she also has her moments where she will sleep for a few hours then I will change her and feed her and then she will be ok until she goes to sleep. What to do? What to do?

Also I feel like I'm holding her all the time...which I know is horrible but I can't get her to relax (awake) by herself? Again What to do?

Need advise!!! 

Re: Possible or not?????

• Options
    You can try to but she will hit some
    Growth spurts that will most likely throw the schedule off. It's not horrible to hold her because she's only 3 weeks old but you could try out a sling or carrier to free your hands up
  • Options
    No, you cannot schedule a 3 week old. It is possible for your lo to fall into her own loose "routine" but attempting to schedule her will not work. Follow her cues, feed on demand and enjoy those snuggles because they will not last forever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's possible for an infant to be on a schedule only if they made the schedule themselves. Which is rare. DS is on a loose schedule but he is a pretty easy baby and did it on his own. But still he has days and times where he changes. He pretty much eats every 4 hours, is awake for an hour after feeding and then sleeping the rest of the time. If he is gassy he may be awake 2 hours after eating. He gets up once or twice a night. But like I said, I follow his lead, this is the schedule he made.

At this age you feed on demand, change on demand, hold on demand, and they will sleep when they want. Nothing you can really do about it lol.

An you can't hold your baby too much. Infants this young can't be spoiled.
  • Options
    Nope, you can't put a newborn on a schedule.

• Options
    You can try it, but at some point, the schedule will be tossed out the window by Baby at some point. 6-8 weeks was when it happened to us.
    Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Possible but hard to do. I think it's easier to just follow cues at that age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Schedules can start to emerge at two months.

you cannot possibly hold your baby too much. 

• Options
    imagekbruington:
    imageadhbabymama:

Is it possible start a feeding and sleeping schedule at three weeks? It seems that when I let my LO sleep for longer than two or three hours she wakes very hungry and eats like crazy. But she also has her moments where she will sleep for a few hours then I will change her and feed her and then she will be ok until she goes to sleep. What to do? What to do?

Also I feel like I'm holding her all the time...which I know is horrible but I can't get her to relax (awake) by herself? Again What to do?

Need advise!!! 

How is this horrible? She's VERY young and needs a lot of love and attention right now. You can't spoil her.

I was thinking the same thing!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"