Late Term and Child Loss

New to group

We lost our son Tristan 3.28.13 at 31 weeks. He had trisomy 18 and he was born to heaven. I woke up yesterday like any other day when my DH kissed me goodbye on his way to work. About 15 minutes later I felt a pop and my water broke. I called my husband and he came back and we went to the hospital after we got everything packed. I had nothing ready because I was only 31 weeks, we were def not expecting to have him so soon. I was checked shortly after I got to the hospital around 8, and I was only 1 fingertip dilated. Checked again around 2 and I was 1.5cm. I was stalling on getting the epidural because this was my first pregnancy so I had no idea how it would feel. Finally decided to get it around 4 cause they were starting to be somewhat painful. By the time they came to give me the shot the contractions were pretty unbearable. Around 5 the dr came to check me and I was FULLY dilated! Omg, I was scared!!! So I started pushing shortly after that, 4 sets of 3 pushes and Tristan was out. He was born at 6:08pm weighing 3.1lbs, 15.5 inches. His face was already blue and he never took a breath. We were able to spend about 23 hours with him until we took him to be cremated. This is our first night without him since before I was pregnant. I'm so heartbroken and scared. We love and miss him so very much.

Re: New to group

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your son and I love his name! We lost our daughter to Trisomy 18 as well and I wish I would have spent more time with her after delivery like you did. Big hugs to you and your DH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry to welcome you here and am sorry for the loss of your sweet Tristan. I feel honored to share a special day with him - March 28 is my birthday. I lost my son, Devon, in August [but to a placental abruption], and I remember the first few day

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Tristan.  Welcome - I hope you'll find support here.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • I'm so very sorry for the loss of your son Tristan.  I hate that anyone has to be here, but it's a comforting place and I hope you're able to find some peace.  I'm glad you got to spend some precious time with your son, the hours we were able to
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• So sorry for your loss of Tristan. I am so glad that you got so much time with him. You will never forget those moments (even if you start worrying you will). We hope you use this board as support and any other way you may need.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• I'm so sorry Tristan is not here with you. It's just not fair. I am glad you were able to spend that time with him, I just wish it was longer.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• So sorry for the loss of your little boy Tristan. It's not fair that any of us need to be here, but the board is full of support

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet son Tristan. I hate toh ave to welcome you here but please know we are all here for you and know exactly what you are going through.

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • I just wanted to thank everyone for being so welcoming. You ladies are all so wonderful and I wish none of us had to be part of the group.
  • I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your son, Tristan.  I wish you didn't have to be here, but you've come to a great place for support.  I don't know how I would've gotten this far without the support from this group.  I will keep you a

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"