Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Mirena- no strings and removal before ttc

DH and I would like to start ttc #2 sometime around aug-oct. I've had mirena in for 3.5 years and i can barely feel something solid (not sure if strings or if the strings broke off and its the bottom of the IUD) poking out of my cervix. I used to be able to feel the strings when i first had it put it, but then one day i couldnt find the strings anymore and I went in for an u/s. they said it was in place and functional. As of late i do feel something but it doesn't feel the same way the strings used to feel. do I have anything to worry about? Surgical removal? What would you do in this situation? 

Also if you have any experience with ttc after having mirena removed (surgically or otherwise) I'd appreciate hearing your experiences. 

~Evelyn's Mommy "To be old and wise you must first be young and dumb"

Re: Mirena- no strings and removal before ttc

• Options
    well yes a doctor will remove my mirena. But generally when the strings are present they just pull it out through the cervix. If they cannot get it out this way they sometimes have to remove it surgically. This is what i'm concerned about.
  • Options

I had Mirena in for five and a half years. Within the first 6 months or so, the strings disappeared, I had several ultrasounds to locate it during the rest of the time I had it in. It was always right were it should be.

When it came time for remo

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not so sure it's neccesary to call a doctor yet, seeing as im in no pain and i am not ready to ttc just yet. i'm just curious about what others have experienced with this type of situation. 
  • Options
    imageTamma254:

I had Mirena in for five and a half years. Within the first 6 months or so, the strings disappeared, I had several u

• Options
    imageCeeKayM:
    imageTamma254:</st
  • Options
    imagegonzol:
    imageCeeKayM:</stro
  • Options
    imageelf828:

I used to be a Mirena sales rep.  The strings cannot "break off" - most likely they have tucked themselves around

• Options
    If you can feel "someething" that is very likely the strings but I would probably get in to confirm it is still in place. I found that my ease in feeling the strings varied based on the time of the month, not sure if it is a fact or just my perception tho
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options

I had trouble feeling my strings a couple of times so I went in and they did an ultrasound to confirm position.  It was always in the right position but the strings had curled up.

When I went to get it out, my OB said my strings were "very s

• Options

I went in twice to have my Mirena removed. My PCP couldn't find the strings to pull it out (I never checked for my strings because the strings were originally cut too short to begin with). I then got sent to an OB/GYN and he dug around and couldn't fin

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"