November 2012 Moms

Still Swaddling?

I am still swaddleing my son for nightime & some naps.  Is this bad? He isn't rolling over yet -- he just can go from his tummy to his back --- & he doesn't do it that often.

Are there drawback? What is the rule of thumb... he just love his hands so much & still has a startle reflex.

He isn't sleeping thru the night & wakens up 5+ times. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Still Swaddling?

• Every baby is different and you have to do what works for you and your LO. If your LO isn't rolling I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    For us, A has been one arm out since she was a month ish old, 2 arms out by 2 months, and she's grown out of her
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry about it. Like Kienn said every baby is different. I haven't swaddled K for bed since he was a month old. He likes to sprawl. He only likes to be swaddled during his last bottle for the night. If baby seems fine with it then keep doing it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to swaddle as long as D is not rolling in either direction. However, if he breaks the swaddle at night and is not waking himself up I do not bother to reswaddle him. I think I read some where that they lose the startle reflex around 6 months. So we
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Is there such a thing as breaking the swaddle too soon?

• Thanks so much! You all made me feel better!
  • kbl13kbl13 member
    I still swaddle b for the first part of the night. He isn't rolling yet either. Usually, by the MOTN he is ready to stretch, so I wrap the wings of his Sleepsack around his belly and leave his arms out. He seems to sleep well either way, but I'm starting
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kb&mbkb&mb member

We fully swaddled N until about a month ago (for naps and bedtime), then we started swaddling one arm. About 2 weeks ago, he started getting the other arm out overnight so we never did it again.

is your baby eating at those 5+ wake ups? Maybe uns

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Asa is rolling all over the place, EXCEPT when he is swaddled. I don't know what it is about the swaddle but he goes down for the count and STTN. So even though my baby is rolling we still swaddle at night because it works for him. I check him all through

• image143BabyCakes:
    Is there such a thing as breaking the swaddle too soon?

If there is such a thing, I w

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageLovinLife0710:
    Asa is rolling all over the place, EXCEPT when he is swaddled. I don't know what it is about the swaddle but
  • imagevoleyqueen6:
    I am still swaddleing my son for nightime amp; some naps. nbsp;Is this bad? He isn't rolling over yet he just can go

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I still do ! Dds arms flail all over the place if not and she can't roll yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"