March 2013 Moms
Options

Induction vs laboring on your own?

What are pros cons of being induced vs going into labor naturally?

Re: Induction vs laboring on your own?

• Options

my doctor said that induction can lead to a c sec more then going into labor naturally.  He said induction can take 24-48 hours at times.  Induction means you at in the hospital the whole time and can't labor at home.

I was induced at 4

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was induced with Cervidil and had an emergency c-section because of my body's poor reaction to it (uterine hyper stimulation and fetal distress). So, there's that. I've also heard contractions from Pitocin are wayyy more painful than natural contraction
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would advise against induction if not medically necessary. Mine took 43 hours before I ended up getting a c section. It was incredibly painful and very emotional. I wouldn't put my worst enemy through it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    My induction was great, I had it at 38 weeks due to my medical issues.  Wrote more about it in thread a couple up.  
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    kaf7kaf7 member

I had an induction and the worst part was them having trouble getting the cervidil out. Once they did, I had my water broken and I delivered 12h later. My contractions got strong quickly after the water broke but I had an epidural shortly after. <

• Options

ditto pretty much everyone else...with an induction you have a higher risk of a c-section because you're trying to force your body to do something it's not ready to do.

Sometimes inductions are unavoidable though and they work out fine!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    Pros..
    You know the exact date which gives you time to plan, especially nice if you have kids or pets and for family

Your doctor will be the one that delivers

Cons..
    Some babies don't respond well to pitocin which cau

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"