Multiples
Options

Babies positions

Hi!
I am 24 weeks with di/di twin girls. I have had vaginal childbirth with my first two kids and am hoping to do the same with the twins. Baby A is in great position already, head down and on my right side. However, baby B was breach 2 weeks ago and is now very high up in transverse position. Her head is on my left, and her body follows my rib cage, and legs on right. A lot of baby limbs kickin my right ribs. I know I have another month and more for her to get head down, but I am wondering how realistic is that. Anyone else have birthing story's where baby B turned later in pregnancy?

Re: Babies positions

• Options

I know all doctors are different, but my doctor told me that as long as baby a was in position, we should be fine. did you talk to your doctor? did they say baby b had to turn? (I know my response doesn't help that much, but now I feel like maybe I did

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    I also think it varies by OB, but mine said that as long as baby A is head down then I could try for a vaginal birth. My OB would extract Baby B in a breech or transverse position if needed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    20 week anatomy scan they were both head down for me. At my last scan I was 27 weeks and they had both flipped breach. They weren't worried and both technician and later my dr said there is still time snd room for them to flip. My dr also said as long
  • Options
    My baby B kept flipping until the day of delivery at 38 weeks 4 days! B usually has more room than A, so lots of B's flip late.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My ob is recommending a cs if both are not head down. She says we could try for vaginal if A stays head down and B isn't if I want to. But she is causious, and wants to avoid an emergency cs, or mixed delivery. I'm with her on this on. I've talked to othe
  • Options
    My OB required that both babies be in vertex position, so I had a c/s. My Baby A was locked and loaded from 20 weeks, but Baby B continued to flip between head up and head down oblique until the very last ultrasound at 36 weeks.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    My baby B flipped during the anatomy scan. It depends on the OB whether they will attempt a vaginal delivery with only Baby A head down, at least where I'm delivering.

• Options
    Yep, my Baby B flipped back and forth between vertex and breech at least 5 times between 31w and delivery. Both were vertex when my induction started but B flipped during labor and was delivered by breech extraction.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    My doc says only baby a needs to be head down fora vaginal delivery and if b is in any other position it is up to us. However yesterday at almost 34 weeks baby b went from breech like she had been for weeks to head down! Not that it mattered as long as
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Both of my babies just flipped from breech to head down at 34 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"