June 2012 Moms

Cutting LO's nails

How are you all doing this now? DS is moving all around and won't sit still for me to cut his nails. Can't risk doing it while he's sleeping in case I wake him. He just recently started getting upset if he tries to grab at the nail clipper and I keep moving it.

Re: Cutting LO's nails

• I'm lucky... For some reason, Jack holds perfectly still and let's me cut them. He must know that he could lose a finger if he moves!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i used to do it when he fell asleep nursing, but he hasn't done that for a few months now... so now i do it when he's awake on his changing table.  I don't always get them all done before he gets difficult and is grabbing the clippers, so i might tak
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to split it up and do as many toes as I can one day, fingers another day. Usually I sit him on the floor in front of me with his back to my chest. I can get the best grip on him that way, and we can sit right under the light so that I can actually

• I have several sets of clippers stashed in various places so they are always handy.  I try to get a few done at a time, but I've given up on getting all 10 at once.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • imageMeery82:
    I'm lucky... For some reason, Jack holds perfectly still and let's me cut them. He must know that he could lose a fin
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• I usually give her some Cheerios on the floor when I cut her nails and this works really well. I can usually get them all done at once. To cut her toenails I put her in her highchair with some toys or if it is her snack time finger food and cut them then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used to do it on his change table while DH distracted him.

One day, out of desperation at MIL's house, I used regular clippers with DS sitting in my lap with his back against my chest. It was soooo much easier. I gave him a little something
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageStarbear06:
    How are you all doing this now? DS is moving all around and won't sit still for me to cut his nails. Can't risk do
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I sing "the ants go marching one by one" song.  On one, I do the first finger, etc.  She thinks it's a fun game.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"