October 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 08.28.2016

How far along?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms?

GTKY: As a child, what was your favorite Halloween costume? If you didn't celebrate, what did you like to dress up as?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 08.28.2016

• Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA this week. I have been having such a rough time sleeping at night, and have been trying to just do meditation, or read, instead of going on the bump (or just my phone in general), as when I go on my phone I'll be on it for at least an hour. I've actually been sleeping a bit better this week...hopefully it stays that way for a bit.

How far along? 
    31 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Broccoli stalk, cabbage, an 11 lb jar of Nutella

Upcoming appointments? 
    Just a quick checkup next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Dealing with the lack of sleep has been rough. My days at work are pretty busy since busy season is in full swing, and I'm trying to wrap up everything before the baby comes. 

Symptoms? 
    Feeling uncomfortable, swelling in feet and ankles after a long day of sitting, getting out of breath by just walking up one flight of stairs, stretch marks have made their appearance, itchy stomach, and late night heartburn.

GTKY: As a child, what was your favorite Halloween costume? If you didn't celebrate, what did you like to dress up as? 
    I remember when I was maybe 5 or 6 wanting to dress up as a princess in the worst way. One of my fake press on nails fell off when I rang the first door bell. Haha. I probably had a massive meltdown at the time which makes it even funnier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along? 31 weeks

What size is baby? 
    Asparagus, romaine lettuce

Upcoming appointments? 
    Growth scan and ultrasound in ~2 weeks - baby has had a huge growth spurt!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I can't believe I'm down to single digit weeks to go!

Symptoms? 
    Heartburn, insane swollen ankles, can't sleep, peeing every 20 minutes. The usual.

I LOVE everything about Halloween. When I was young, my mom used to sew my costumes. A couple of my favorites were Snow White and Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Wish I was talented enough to sew costumes for my LO!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • How far along? 31 weeks 

What size is baby?
    Asparagus, small-clawed otter, football

Upcoming appointments? 
    Not until the 7th for a quick check up 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    It is getting harder to find a comfortable sleeping position. I feel like I toss and turn so much, and then always end up waking up on my back. 

Symptoms?
    Still not much, some heart burn, but avoiding chocolate has really been helping. 

I pretty much always dressed up as either a witch or a princess for halloween. Mostly because I think my parents aren't too into costumes, and these were always easy to pull off with things that were already in my dress up box at home. I am so hoping for a Halloween baby though, and would love to have costume parties for her birthday! 

• How far along?
    35 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Mini lop rabbit, bunch of carrots, child's backpack

Upcoming appointments?
    Tomorrow for a weight and hb check

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nothing much.. I'm pretty sure baby is still transverse and it's really distressing  to me! I will talk to my doc about a version if we get to that point and she's not head down, but as it stands right now I'm pretty sure she's almost breech in there! But, just a few more weeks of work!

Symptoms?
    Just tired.. my legs swell big time at work.  I did get some work done around the house last week when the kids went back to school, so that was good! 

GTKY: As a child, what was your favorite Halloween costume? If you didn't celebrate, what did you like to dress up as? I don't really remember a lot of my Halloween costumes.. I know I was a pretty sweet witch once! ;) 
  • How far along? 35 weeks

What size is baby?
     mini lop rabbit, bunch of carrots, kid's backpack

Upcoming appointments? 
    2 ultrasounds this week, the usual now

Rants/Raves/Questions?
     Just feeling like shit physically and I'm exhausted...so done. Getting lots of advice that I used to brush off but now is stressing me out bc it's more realistic that people are going to be crossing boundaries in the near future

Symptoms? 
    Feeling awful bc I can't tolerate heat, achy feet and lower back, nerve pain (carpal tunnel) extending from the middle of my shoulders/neck to fingertips....and nesting (I guess that's sort of a symptom?) as much as possible given my physical limitations lol

A unicorn costume my mom hand-made! We used to play dress-up with old vintage dresses and jewelry that were passed down too
  • How far along? 35 Weeks

What size is baby? 
    Pineapple, 5 lb 10 oz at Tuesday's scan

Upcoming appointments? 
    Tuesday for u/s and doctor visit

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    The ankle swelling is beyond ridiculous. Even with my heaviest compression socks, I still have horrible cankles by the end of a 12 hour shift on my feet. It's so disgusting. I'm also super short of breath all the time, which makes me feel really out of shape.

Symptoms? 
    See above.

My mom made me a little orphan Annie dress, which I wore one Halloween with a clown wig (because she was too cheap to pay the big bucks for a real wig). I continued to wear it for years just for dress up. I was so obsessed!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• How far along? 35 weeks

What size is baby?
    mini lop rabbit

Upcoming appointments?
    Sorry I was late to the game this week.  Just met with the proctologist this morning and I will need to still have the hemorrhoids surgically removed after I heal from labor.  Other than that, no other appointments!  YAY!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Baby is big and still breech.  I'm a glorified kangaroo.

Symptoms?
    The frequency in need to pee has gone way up the last week or two.  I hate having to go so often.

I love all the unicorns, princesses, witches!!  My favorite was a bee costume my mom and I made together.  We used a cardboard box to make my wings and we used christmas lights around the edge of the wings so I could have a costume like the ones in the main street electrical parade at wdw.