Military Families

Has anyone done a short notice transfer?

There has been an opening for a position that DH is interested in. If we were to put in for it and got it, we'd have to move in a few short months (um, like 2 1/2). We are excited about the possibilty but the short notice to move scares the crap out of me. We're supposed to have another year here.

How did you do it? I work full-time and have a 2 1/2 year old DD.

Re: Has anyone done a short notice transfer?

• Our last PCS was a disaster and it all went down within a couple weeks (I had 4 days to clear after I finally got my orders).  However, I didn't have kids at the time.  I'm the Servicemember and my husband, a civilian, also works full time. &

• Last summer we did a short notice move.  The mechanics of it were really easy, we didn't have a baby yet, but I was 4.5 months pregnant and with a dog.  We were supposed to be at Benning long enough for DH to go to Ranger and Airborne, but the X
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Last PCS we had 4 days from when orders were written to having to report. That was fun! in the past 2 moves we havent had more than 2 weeks. i just put in my notice and go with it. Go to the moving office (usually with such quick moves it is easier to go

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Luckily I wouldn't have to find a new job. The company I work for is in the city we'd possibly move to (I currently work from home since our closest office is 1 1/2 hours away.)

I think I would probably stay behind a little bit while DH finds u

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"