Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Question that is asked a million times I'm sure!

Ok, so I know this has probably been asked time and time again, but I'm just looking for input.

My DS and DD are almost 11 1/2 months old. DD (knock on wood) sleeps great, and in her own crib. DS has a crib we had to put in our bedroom because they were keeping each other up all night.  DS will NOT sleep in his crib. We have tried putting him down asleep, tried putting him down drowsy but awake, nothing seems to work. We sleep in the bed with him in his crib, and even tried letting him have the room to himself... He becomes frantic and cries and tries to climb out. He currently sleeps in bed with me still, but wakes up  multiple times a night I'm assuming because I'm moving around and the movement wakes him?

I'm not sure where to turn. The doctor is telling me to let him cry it out, however I feel I'm not ready for that.... He is so attached to me, and it would break my heart to see him so upset... (May sound silly...) Can anyone relate, and if so do you have any pointers? I just want my baby to sleep for his health... because waking up 10+ times a night can't be good!

Re: Question that is asked a million times I'm sure!

• Would it help to sit in bed and essnetially ignore him? Or would that just anger him? That's how we go to bed every night. I sit on the computer. LO plays in his PnP, gets fussy, I say night-night and he eventually lays down and goes to sleep, but it's

• My twins are just over 10 months old and we have the EXACT same situation going on.  My daughter sleeps like a dream in her crib in the nursery, but my son pretty much ends up in bed with me every single night.  He wakes up several times a night
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for your responses. I am just so sad for him that he can not sleep! allisonmarie-- thank you for your response too. While its sad for me to know that you are going through the same thing, its also comforting to know I am not alone. I will so
  • You are so welcome.  I'm just sorry I couldn't provide some real help.  The unique challenges us multiple mommies face are hard for other people to relate to fully, even though they truly do try.  I've learned over the last several months t
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"