Blended Families

ERRR! Lazy Parent Vent

I feel like any progress I make with my kids, XH goes and ruins it the following weekend. Ugh!

DD turned three this weekend, and we just finally got her potty trained so there is no need for pull ups. It's been a few weeks now with very few/no accidents. He had her bday party this weekend and I know he was busy and not making sure she was going on the potty. DS said she was regularly having accidents there all weekend. Plus, she was obviously eating a lot of junk because of the get together.

She's been home for three hours and has shiiiit her pants three times!
Because he can't be bothered to be consistent I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here!

Re: ERRR! Lazy Parent Vent

• Not to defend your XH, but have you talked to him about it at all? I know when SS was first potty trained and going weeks on end with no accidents at BM's house, he would still frequently have accidents at our house. He would refuse to sit on the toilet,
    fbls

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sry I posted and ran last night. I did call XH after I got the kids to bed. I think it is A combination of him not paying attention and 'catching' her and putting her on the potty, and her just having a hard time transitioning. It was a good conversation,
  • Loading the player...
  • This is one where exh and I could not co-parent. He tried. But his "try" looks different than my "try". DD finally PT fully at 4.5. I only share that because I wish someone would have told me that 4.5 is OK. Don't stress too much about it. Realize t
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All kids are different when it comes to PTing. My little brother never pooped in the potty once until he was 4 years old! And things were consistent and routine all the time.

SD has been PTed since before 2 with only accidents at night for a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"