Pre-School and Daycare

Easter basket and keeping Easter about Christ?

I'm sure we'll do a couple pieces of candy but I want to do something besides a basket of candy and toys that will be discarded 10 minutes after opening. Can you guys help me with other fun/unique things to put in an Easter basket.

Also while we don't mind playing into the Easter bunny a little we would like to make sure that we are celebrating what Easter is truly about, Christ resurrection. Besides going to church, do you have any traditions or is there anything special that you do to make sure your kids recognize what the holiday is about?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Easter basket and keeping Easter about Christ?

• There's tons of things you can put in an Easter basket that isn't candy.  Crayons, coloring books, chalk, bubbles, small jump rope (since spring/summer will hopefully be here any day!), puzzles, Christian storybooks about Easter, hair accessories (fo
  • Hi Jalaiaa! hope the boys are doing well.

I'm doing very little candy. I got them little preschool workbooks they like doing, FP little people princesses, a nice water bottle (they need new ones), and pajamas (which they also need). I also got a b
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesunnybrook.:
    Hi Jalaiaa! hope the boys are doing well.

I'm doing very little candy. I got them little preschool workbo
  • How about a book of prayers or a bible? Not sure what religion you are but is there some religious item you could buy like if you are Catholic you could get children's rosary beads? Or get spring or summer toys like new chalk or bubbles or a swim toy.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • We are doing the resurrection eggs this year. Maybe too late for you to start, but could always double up. I made mine but I believe they can be bought at any Christian book store. It's like an advent calendar, but for Easter. 

I am also lov

• I got my DD this book at of all places Hobby Lobby! https://www.amazon.com/Berenstain-Bears-Easter-Living-Lights/dp/0310720877
  • Also there's a 2 set DVD of Veggie Tales Easter Story.  I've seen it at Walmart and Sam's club.  I got it for my daughter today (snow day and I'm on bedrest) and she's loving it.   So that would be a great basket gift.
  • We got a couple of CD's by "Go Fish" which is a fun Christian kids band for his basket.  Another thing that we did at our church Easter Egg hunt that I'm going to incorporate at home are some empty plastic eggs.  These were meant to represent th
  • KL777KL777 member
    We just tell DS that it's about Christ's resurrection. He also learns a lot about it in church. At our prior church they would give out palms made into the shape of a cross that you could pin to your clothes.

I remember as a child they so

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• What about resurrection rolls?
  • We keep the two separate.  We make the easter egg/basket more about Spring than Easter (DS's school did it as part of their Spring party, so we just continued on with that).

We also made the Egg Hunt more about family.  We split

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"