Homeschooling

Hello and a ?

Hello! Glad to see this board. I am a SAHM to three little girls. Prior to having them, I taught preschool and did some Autism therapy work. Right now we do some loose play learning activities with DD1 in our "learning room."

DH and I have discussed the possibility of homeschooling only through grade school at the longest, and are looking at other options like language immersion schools, and art magnet schools. We both went to private religious and public schools.

My biggest concern with HS would be social development. DD1 is currently in a gym class,and we go to the library,have play dates etc. So, what are your thoughts and plans to encourage social skills while HS? 

Re: Hello and a ?

• This question is exhausting.  Let me just give you a few links.

https://homeschooling.penelopetrunk.com/2012/12/18/its-a-myth-tha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think you have to focus on your child/children as individuals and determine what kinds of activities would be appropriate and beneficial for them.  For my oldest, it's her co-op classes and girl scouts.  For my middle, the right choice for us
  • Loading the player...
  • We are not officially homeschooling until next years. Both of my boys attend preschool twice a week. Next year ds1 will go to a co-op one day a week for classes. We have tons of friends some who homeschool and some who don't. I actually think homeschoolin
  • My favorite mantra on this topic is - forced association is not socialization.  Just because you put your child in public school or private school, it doesn't mean they will be properly "socialized".  (Also, socialization is a term I hate - i

• Didn't realize it was such an exhausting topic. Nonetheless, thank you for the input and links.
  • I was homeschooled growing up, with my 3 siblings. My parents' solution, aside from participating in various homeschooling group activities, we had to take one extra activity... music lessons or sports. I did gymnastics, soccer, and violin lessons for 10
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• imagethetwinkies&Vivi:
    Didn't realize it was such an exhausting topic. Nonetheless, thank you for the input and links.
    </B

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagethetwinkies&Vivi:
    Didn't realize it was such an exhausting topic. Nonetheless, thank you for the input and links.
    <

• image+adamwife+:

imagethetwin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"