Pre-School and Daycare

XP: Graco Nautilus install question

Posted this over on nurseries and gear, but I think this board gets more traffic so I'm XPing... 

We have DD1 harnessed in the Graco Nautilus. She's been in it about 4-5 months and I've loved it until now. It's installed with the LATCH, both upper and lower anchors, per the instruction manual. Over the last several weeks I've noticed that it doesn't seem to stay installed tightly - like the LATCH belts are loosening - and we've had to re-install it several times to make sure it's in properly.

I'm wondering if this is a typical problem with the Nautilus (I never saw it mentioned in the reviews I read before buying)? Or a defect in our specific seat? Is there anything we can try to fix it, or just install with the seat belt and see if that's better?

Mama to two sweet girls
DD1 Feb 2010
DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: XP: Graco Nautilus install question

• That doesn't sound right. I would immediately reinstall with the seatbelt and contact Graco with your concerns.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • That was an issue Sunshine Kids/Diono had several years ago when they first introduced their superlatch technology, but that's the only seat I've ever heard of having that problem at all. I would reinstall with the seatbelt for now to ensure your child is
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's installed with the seat belt and top tether now, so we'll see if it stays tight now. I'm calling Graco today to see what they have to say. I asked a few people I know have this seat and none of them have had this issue either, so hopefully it's not a
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Which seating position did you have it installed in? Outboard or middle? A lot of vehicles don't allow latch in the middle.

Also, remember up to 1 inch of movement is allowed side to side at the belt path. You don't need to check for movement an

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCarolinaDaisy:

Which seating position did you have it installed in? Outboard or middle? A lot of vehicles don't allow latch in

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is crazy! I couldn't get our seat loosened this morning to take it out. DH had to do it and it took awhile for him to loosen it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read about this happening to someone else's Nautilus on the car-seat.org forums last year. Definitely call Graco.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Depending on how old, how much your daughter weighs, and the type of vehicle you drive you may need to not use latch. Search around carseat.org for the new latch manual for info regarding your specific car and safety seat. I would still call graco and tel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"