Homeschooling

Unschooling

I was just wondering if there were any parents "unschooling" their kids or that were "unschooled"? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Unschooling

• Just have to say, I had to look that up and it looks interesting. Wonder how it would work if one were to decide after a while to transition to homeschooling or traditional schooling.

• We do a mix of homeschooling and unschooling.  Math and language arts are formal lessons with plans and curricula that I bought.  We will add formal Bible studies next year too.  But, the rest of our subjects are unschooled.  I let

• Loading the player...
  • My husband and his siblings were unschooled- very little, if any structure to their days. They had a LOT of time to explore their personal interests, but unfortunately, it also left large gaps for college. 

My husband is very intelligent and

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • www.penelopetrunk.com

We don't unschool but I do follow penelope trunks homeschooling/unschooling blog.  I do feel that some unschooling borders on neglect but if you do it right it can

• image+adamwife+:

We do a mix of homeschooling and unschooling.  Math and language arts are formal lessons with plans and curri

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLatteLady5:

There are so many great options for homeschooling! I get more and more excited every time I start blog browsing. :

• I highly reccommend a mix of structured and unschooling methods. My family did a set of structured lessons that covered all the base knowledge you would recieve in any school, and then we got to add additional classes / subjects that were things we each w
  • I was unschooled and definitely plan to do a mixture of that and more normal homeschooling. Just wondered if anyone else had experiences with it. 

Anniversary

• I was unschooled and loved it.

I totally understand that it is so far removed from the norm that many people are not comfortable with it.

In regards to things like math, though, I would argue that you learn what you need for day-to-day life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"