Homeschooling
Options

books

What are your favorite/must have books to read to your children? At what age did you or will you start reading longer stories or chapter books?

DS is loving the Skippyjon Jones books right now. He has Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, Brown Bear and a few Sandra Boynton books memorized and "reads" those to me right now. I've been thinking or starting longer chapter books, but not sure if he'd enjoy it as much.

Q :  06.25.10
W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

Re: books

• Options
    My favorites are the Magic Treehouse series, Pony Pals, and a series of books written by Dave and Netta Jackson.
  • Options
    Brown bear brown bear and the other books in that series, The Giving Tree, Alexander and the terrible Horrible No Good very bad Day, Where the Wild Things Are, If You Give a Mouse a Muffin and the others in that series.

We might start some lo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boys are 4 and 2 1/2.  We just read our first chapter book, Charlotte's Web.  DS1 really enjoyed it but it was a little much for DS2.  He mostly played on the floor while we read.  Next, we will be reading A Bear Called Paddington.&

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"