Pre-School and Daycare

Anyone have the Gerber life insurance for your child/children?

Just curious.  We are thinking about getting it for our children. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

Re: Anyone have the Gerber life insurance for your child/children?

• No. I don't see the point in having life insurance for children. Most financial experts, including Clark Howard, advise against it. I'd put the money into a 529 instead. You may get a lot more information from Money Matters board. They're much more well v
  • MIL started one for them and dare I say anything against it so I've kept my mouth shut! 
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My MIL had it on DH after loosing an infant to SIDs.

We do have life insurance on the kids through DH's work. It is a minimal amount and a minimal fee. The thought is based on the experience of the loss of his sibling and the financial strain
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • its basically funeral insurance - how much would a funeral and related expenses be?  I can't imagine more than 10K - so I'm ok skipping this kind of insurance. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Dave Ramsey says the Gerber one is a really bad deal. Can't remember why now. But I know that it's really cheap to add your children as a rider to your own life insurance plan and probably gives you more coverage.
    DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • imageldcoffel:
    My MIL had it on DH after loosing an infant to SIDs. We do have life insurance on the kids through DH's work. It

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• imagelovely40:
    Dave Ramsey says the Gerber one is a really bad deal. Can't remember why now. But I know that it's really cheap to a

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Most adult life insurance policies have the option to add a writer to your own policy for your kids for very reasonable. Most advisors recommend term policies to bridge the gap between having high liabilities (young kids, house not paid off, etc) if you a
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"