January 2013 Moms

How the heck are you...

...staying up so late?

I read these posts about people gong to bed at ten or eleven and I have no idea how you do it. My DD is asleep by eight and I had better be sleeping by nine or else I well run on next to no sleep! In fact I have no idea how I am going to work evenings here shortly. Am I just a wuss or what?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How the heck are you...

• I sacrifice so DH and I have some time together. We were kind of up each other's butts before baby came and I want to maintain a strong bond with him. I'm exhausted at 9 p!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If DS went to bed at 8, I would go to bed earlier. He falls asleep for the night around 10, so that's when I go to bed. We're trying to get him to sleep earlier our DS1 is usually in bed by 7 and I'd love them on a similar schedule!.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD sort of makes her own schedule, she's been going to bed around 10 lately. I've been sick otherwise I'd try to stay up until 11. I really hate going to bed without DH so I usually force myself to stay awake just to have some baby-free time.
  • I haven't felt too sleep deprived yet...of course I have my days but overall I feel ok. I start back to work in 2 weeks so I might be feeling differently then. :)

DD goes down for the night between 8 and 9 and I lik

• Our daughter goes to bed around 9:30-10:30pm so staying up until midnight allows us some time to ourselves. She usually sleeps until 6-6:30 before waking up, so we still get six hours uninterrupted.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If I'm really tired I go to bed around 9. I try to stay up until at least 10 to spend time with my husband since the baby goes down at 7 & my oldest at 8. That gives me 1-2 hours to work out, shower, clean up & spend time with my husband. If I

• My DD goes to bed around 11-12 so I stay up until she goes to sleep. My DH doesn't stop working until around 8 so DD and I need to spend some time with him.

BabyFruit Ticker

• DD2 sleeps from like 8:30 to 7:30, so I usually go to bed around 10. DH and I use that time to hang out, snuggle, sex it up. When I go back to work, it'll probably be reserved more for house work.
  • imagestardust317:
    DD2 sleeps from like 8:30 to 7:30, so I usually go to bed around 10. DH and I use that time to hang out, snuggle

BabyFruit Ticker

• I stay up pretty late but as long as he eats in between, I can put DS back to bed in the mornings and he will sleep anywhere from 9:45 up until 11:45 so I catch up on sleep in the mornings when DH is working. Not the schedule I want to keep but it works f
  • We usually start her bedtime around 10:00-10:30 ish depending when she fed last. We live in a small flat and have to be super quiet at night (not naps) or she will wake up. I live in Spain, so we have dinner between 8 :30-9 and that is super early for

• LO usually goes down around 11:00 and sleeps til 6:00, feeds and then sleeps another hour or two. I am loving this schedule as it gives DH lots of time with her when he gets home from work.  I work a 20 minute walk from home and don't need to be in t

• Either mornings when she's sleepy or weekends so my husband can stay with her. It's always rushed and I limit my stops. I do a lot of shopping online so I can avoid schlepping her around town.

• DD usually goes to sleep between 8 and 9 at night. DH and I usually just lay in bed and relax and both are out by 9:30.  DH has to get up at 5 for work and he has a very physical job so he is just as exhausted if not more than me.
  • DH and I stayed up Saturday night to watch the fights until 11pm...I was exhausted all day Sunday and swore I wouldn't do that again. 

DS goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30pm and I usually am down by 9pm. In the gap time I clean bottles, do d

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• DD doesn't go down for the night til around 10, then I try to get in a little time with DH. I try to be heading to bed around 11.
  • DS goes down at 7:30. We do bath time for DD and she goes down by 8pm. Then we have "adult time" until 9:30 when DS gets a dreamfeed. After that's over it's lights out! DS likes to wake up at 6:30, sometimes a little later. I will wake him up at 7:00 f

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH works out of town during the week, so  it's just me and DD.  She's usually asleep by 10 at the latest and I go to bed when she falls asleep and wakes up once between 4 & 6 and goes back to sleep until 9:30ish.  On weekends I will

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageeSynergy:
    If DS went to bed at 8, I would go to bed earlier. He falls asleep for the night around 10, so that's when I go to b
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Since we transitioned DS to the crib last week he hasn't been going down until about 10:30, sometimes 11. So quality time with DH lately has been few and far between. We're hoping DS adjusts soon. I'm trying to push his bedtime back to 8 or 9.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"