Pre-School and Daycare

Oh, the fun of sticking with consequences....

Ds has entered a stage where he complains about going anywhere that isn't a party or playing.  We went through complaining about going to school, his older brother's games, swim lessons, anything.  He's always fine once there, so it's just him grumping for whatever reason.

One big one is church.  I'm not religious, but dh is and it's very important that the kids go.  Dd usually doesn't because she's harder to focus, but dds and ds go most Sundays.  Ds (and dds, frankly) complains EVERY Sunday.  Whines and cries and almost has fits while getting him ready.  He's not scared, he just doesn't want to go.  Problem is, he is perfectly fine once the car leaves the driveway and is a perfect angel there and always has fun at the coffee social afterward.

Today, dh decided to let ds have his choice today to stay home.  Except, no tv and no computer.  He was happy as a clam until dh left and I reminding him no electronics. He's been crying and pouting and begging to go to church all morning.   It's killing me....lol.  He usually is very good about independent play, but now he's sooooooooo bored...lol.

Ugh.  I can see how parents see grounding as a parent's punishment and give up!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh, the fun of sticking with consequences....

• Way to stick your ground. Hopefully next week he won't give you any trouble!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's the worst when you have to stick to a rule or punishment your spouse gives the kids!
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope he remembers, but I have a feeling he's still going to give us a fight...lol.
  • I'm always reminding DH not to threaten a punishment that he can't or doesn't want to follow through on.  I'm like you though and would definitely not give in!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"