Pre-School and Daycare

Cute lunch check-in

Lots of St. Patrick's Day here- hopefully you'll see this in time to add a St. Pat's touch to your DC's lunch! Next week is our spring break and I'm off duty, so I'll see you in two weeks!

Shamrocks! Carving cucumbers is so easy and the result is so sharp and impressive! I just used a regular paring knife. Cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes in one compartment. The other side holds Snapea Crisps, a container with a mint and PB/honey sandwiches on picks.

St. Patrick's frog! I loved this one! Too bad she forgot it in her classroom and had to buy lunch instead. (insert gasp) Tomatoes, carrots, checkered cucumbers, blueberries and a container with a mint on the left. The right holds more tomatoes, baby Goldfish, a cheese sandwich and a hat with a Snapea Crisp inside.

Frog, take 2. Since DD didn't eat it the first day, I remade the frog (but with a LOT less effort because it was late and I was annoyed!). Cucumbers, ham on picks, mini container of blueberries and hidden behind the sandwich are tomatoes.

Mickey and Minnie! I've had these picks for a while and never used them - they're a little large. Tomatoes, cheese sandwich, blueberries and Snapea Crisps in the top half. The bottom half holds more blueberries, ham, clementine and more carved cucumber. Easy!

Disposable lunch, lol! Rather than go the Ziploc & brown bag route, I used an empty tomato container lined with food paper. Inside is a mini bagel with strawberry cream cheese, bacon, snap peas, tomatoes, carrots, blueberries and a little mint in the back. The picks are homemade - just patterned tape on toothpicks. No theme, but still appealing with lots of color, texture and no Ziplocs in sight. :)

PIP your cute lunches here and have a great week! Erin go bragh!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cute lunch check-in

• thanks for the inspiration! :)

we have been having a lot of green smoothies.. .maybe tomorrow ill try for a whole green meal :)

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always love your ideas.  Thanks for sharing!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Super cute!  I thought of you when I saw the snapeas in the store...lol
  • Your lunch posts are an inspiration! Im mostly on september 2012s board, but I poke over here just to see what cool ideas you have that I can try out with my 4 year old :)
  • Your lunches are amazing, but all I can think when I see them is, "Is this enough food for a little kid?" It seems like my kids eat more than that for lunch. Do you pack other snacks for morning and afternoon, too?
  • Thanks for all the kind words! 

It's hard to see the scale sometimes, but I generally try to pack enough so there will be a little bit leftover. My DD's appetite changes so I try to pack accordingly. She eats lunch very early and each studen

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"