Austin Babies

New to Austin

Hi!

I just moved here to Austin and I dont really know anyone.  How do you meet people?  Id like to meet some other moms/moms to be.  Its been getting so lonely here!  Im at 34 weeks now, looking for some other moms to hang out with :)  Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Re: New to Austin

• Welcome!  It's a great place to live!

I've met a lot of moms from this site, though they have all migrated to another site. Lately I have joined Meetups and gone to different free events around town like playgroups and library times.  Have you taken a birth class?  I keep in touch with a mom from my group so that could be another option for you!  

Good luck!  I know how it feels to move to a new place since I am a transplant and moved here over 6 years ago!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Hi! I'm new to Austin, too, and I was wondering the same thing --- how to meet other expectant moms. I would love to hear more about your story! I live in NW Austin. What part of town are you in?
  • Loading the player...
  • Im in South Austin - A friend of a friend told me to check out this website https://www.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/austin/

looks like there are only 2 that are "mommy" related.  Other than that the only other suggestion she told me was going to church?  I dont go to church so Im not sure if that would be the best fit for me.

Other than that, I dont really know where else to look!  I took a labor class that ends tonight but the group wasnt really the mingling type (i was hoping to connect with someone there)

Ill message you my email and i can tell you what i find out! (and vice versa)

Good luck!

• I'm newish to Austin too, and I'm in the SW too. It is hard to meet people, but I take a prenatal yoga class at Say OM Yoga at Mopac/Slaughter and the moms in that group are super nice. They are also super helpful at suggesting other resources for meeting moms. The class is on Sunday at 10am. Let me know if you want any other info! 

• I live in North Austin, near Pflugerville. I am just at the 6 week mark. I moved here about 3 and half years ago, but still feel fairly new to the area since all of the people I ever met were from work and have since moved away. This is my first pregnancy so hearing from others would be nice.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageonuhleesuh:
    I live in North Austin, near Pflugerville. I am just at the 6 week mark. I moved here about 3 and half years ago, but still feel fairly new to the area since all of the people I ever met were from work and have since moved away. This is my first pregnancy so hearing from others would be nice.

I am near Pflugerville too! I am still way early and around 4 weeks. Also my first

1st BFP - 3/2012 - EDD 11/2012 - Loss 4/2012

2nd BFP - 3/2013 - EDD 11/2013 - Loss 4/2013

3rd BFP - 7/2013 - EDD 4/2014 - Loss 7/2013

4th BFP - 11/2013 - EDD 7/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

My Furry Baby!

• Hey ladies, I'm new too! (Well, been here 7 months) I'm at 13 weeks. We should start our own mommy group! I'm in Austin near Pflugerville. We could meet for "coffee" or something!

I have only 1 friend in Austin that has a child and no one else :(

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to send you guys a PM to see kick things off!

• Oh gosh. I'm so new to this site I realized that I don't know how to send a PM. <totally embarrassed> 
  • you need to click on each persons name and send them a message.  I dont know if there is a way to send it to multiples.

Seems like everyone is up near Pflugerville...im in South Austin but i dont mind driving!

• I'd like to get in on this!  I'm also new to Austin and hang out up north.  :)
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm in South Austin too and relatively new to the area! But, I go up North too. I'm due in May. Let me know if you do end up getting together!!
  • Hey! I was trying to meet some new mommy friends too! I had my daughter back in December and some of my friends are single still living that lifestyle. I was looking for some women that I could relate to more. I think it would be a good idea to start a mommy club! We could all get together for coffee or whatever. I live south. If any of you south Austin girls would like to talk, send me a PM, I'd love to meet you!
  • Hi, 

I'm a little late to the discussion, but I live in North Austin and have been here about 8 months. I'm currently in the 16th week of pregnancy and would love to meet new mommies, too.

Katie 

• I'm in North Austin near Pflugerville as well... I would love to meet up with some moms and momstobe on a regular basis. None of my other friends have kids so it would be nice to find some that do! My baby is 3 months old my first. If any of you pregnant ladies want to chat about the whole birth/newborn thing I'm up for that too! I'm Haley, and my email is candydiet at gmail dot com.

Edit: I just made a Facebook group called "north austin area moms"! Join and we can chat and plan meet ups.
  • Hello,

Im also North Austin near Pflugerville area. I am 27 weeks preggo with my first.. Id love to set up a time to make new friends and meet up. 

• imagecandydiet:
    I'm in North Austin near Pflugerville as well... I would love to meet up with some moms and momstobe on a regular basis. None of my other friends have kids so it would be nice to find some that do! My baby is 3 months old my first. If any of you pregnant ladies want to chat about the whole birth/newborn thing I'm up for that too! I'm Haley, and my email is candydiet at gmail dot com. Edit: I just made a Facebook group called "north austin area moms"! Join and we can chat and plan meet ups.

I just asked to join the FB group..I'm hoping you girls are still getting together and have room for one more!  We moved back to Austin about a month ago and our old friends don't have kids.  I am a SAHM and would love if both my daughter and I could get some face time and get to know some people.  I have another on the way due late August!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"