Success after IF
Options

Melodi one/ rumble tuff breast pump

just got this pos in the mail and am Very upset. It looks like a toy... I was given two companies to order from by united health care. Lucina care had the better pump and it was even hospital grade.. But they called me a month ago to tell me my insurance now won't cover it and they'll send me the standard double electric. I asked for information on it and I got a load of crap of how good it is.. Stupid me believed her. And I've waited 2 months for this darned thing...
Well now that its here the thing looks like crap and my box was opened!!!

Waiting for Lucina care to call me back... but has anyone used this pump??

photo ecba2e48-bd74-4395-8ca1-47ae6b5df68a_zpsfd491ced.jpg photo 5d7e0910-4031-45ed-a61f-09e4245b7ac6_zps1b85690c.jpg photo 341b9e4e-8eea-4939-9d55-a1c1cf07a00c_zpsa176d7dc.jpg

photo 84a2920e-2954-4acf-9275-ad8708055b12_zpseb05b8cb.jpg

Me and DH - 26years old; IF DX: PCOS, Hypothyroid/Hashimotos(me)
IVF #1 April 2012- 15 ER (4/13), 13 Fertilized, 1 transfered (4/16), 3 frozen
Beta #1(4/28)-127 Beta #2(4/30)-301 Beta #3(5/7)-5570!!
First ultrasound showed 1 strong little heart beat! (5/25) 7/16.. ITS A BOY!
Brayden Nicholas Born Dec 29 2012 - 7 lbs 10 oz 20 in
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Melodi one/ rumble tuff breast pump

• Options
    Never even heard of it, did you XP on the BF board? If it's open I'd be returning for sure!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:
    Never even heard of it, did you XP on the BF board? If it's open I'd be returning for sure!
    I agree with all of this!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had the very same issue.  I was also initially disappointed when I got this in the mail.  Here are the pros and cons as I see it. (I've been using it about two weeks now).  I was borrowing a Medela in style, so my comparisons are for that only.

I like that the pump has the time on it, that it keeps track of how long you've been pumping, and it pumped just as effectively as the Medela.  It is also small and easy to carry around, of course it doesn't come with the nifty backpack to do so with.

On the other hand, the website is not the most helpful and I can find no way to get bigger breast shields, which is not good for the girls if you know what I mean. 

Honestly, I'm still trying to determine if I am satisfied enough with it because it was free or if I want to cough up a few hundred dollars for what I was more satisfied with.  Love the idea that insurance is starting to cover breast pumps, but united health care doesn't have it down yet.  My sister in law can get whatever pump she wants covered 100% with a different insurance company.  I mean, c'mon UHC, we all have different needs!  

Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"