Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Soaking wet diaper at night

We have tried several different night time brand diapers and my son is still going through them and them soaking his clothes, sheets ect. He normally wakes up crying at around 5 am soaked. The only thing that we found helps is to wake him around midnight and change him. His diapers during the day are mostly dry as if he holds most of it until night time. I hate to wake him but I know otherwise he will wake up wet. Any suggestions.

Re: Soaking wet diaper at night

• Options

they sell diaper inserts at Babies r Us that worked for us

• Options
    LOs night diaper size is always a size bigger than her daytime size. Has been since I called their customer service at around 4 months when the regular baby dry didn't cut it any more. Also if that doesn't help. You can try changing your kids diaper before you go to bed, there is no need to wake you kid up. I change LO's diaper all the time when she is asleep in her crib. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With boys, it sometimes helps if you make sure that the penis is pointed down in the diaper before you close it. That way, the urine goes down to the main part of the diaper instead of up to the top or to the sides where there's less absorbency. Also, try making the diaper a little tighter.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How old is your LO? Is there any possibility that you can get him to pee in the potty before bed? DD always used to pee in the tub as soon as I put her in there, so I started putting her on the potty before bath (which is right before bed).

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Options
    We had to go up a size overnight because he was waking up wet a night.  The other thing we did was eliminate any drinks one hour before bedtime.  That has made a HUGE difference.
  • Options
    I second all the suggestions of going one size up and you may even want to try a diaper cover. I cd as well and have few leakage problems, but if we use disposables at night I put on a cover just to be safe. They are also a good investment for when the time comes for potty training.
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options
    imageT1131:
    imagemeliss008:

they sell diaper inserts at Babies r Us that worked for us

These have been a lifesaver with my DD.  We use the insert with the Pampers overnights and she has only wet through once in the five months we've been using them.

this - they are great- we need 2 pads though. dS drinks a lot. 

• Options
    These all sound like good suggestions.  We have the same problem and just change her again at 10pm.  She's used to it now and goes right back to sleep after.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She wears a size up at night(Target or BRU brand) and it really helps. Also, maybe limit his water after supper so he's not drinking much right before bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"