Colorado Babies

GTKY - Week of 3/4

Crazycoffeegirl must be busy again this week- I'll go ahead and post the GTKY this week.  Full disclosure - I stole this from the cloth diaper board.  But I had fun reading the responses, so we'll give it another go.

How many kids do you want to have? How far apart do you want them to be (if more than one)?

Are you a pet owner?

What are your favorite names that you would never actually use for a child?

Re: GTKY - Week of 3/4

•  How many kids do you want to have? How far apart do you want them to be (if more than one)?

We would like two kids, ideally two or three years apart.  Realistically we'll see how the first goes before deciding for sure.

Are you a pet owner?

Yes, we have two long haired dachshunds.  Both girls, Ellie and Zoey.  They are not quite ready to be big sisters yet.

Ethan was always my favorite name for a boy, since I was like twelve.  But it has been far too popular for too long to be considered usable by me anymore.  I liked Adelaide for this baby if it's a girl, but my husband said giving his daughter a name with the word laid in it was too scary.  I would probably go with Persephone if it didn't have all the negative associations to go with it.  I'm actually having a hard time letting go of Persephone - anyone want to talk me out of it?

• Thanks Eshugars for posting this! It's been a busy week again for me.

We want 2 kids (but ask me again after this one pops out). Ideally we'd like them to be about 2.5-3 years apart, but I'm getting older at this point, so they may need to be closer together in age now.

Yep, we have two dogs currently, a beagle and a pug. The beagle was mine when my husband and I started dating, the pug was his...now they're inseparable and I don't think either of them know what's happening or what to expect!

I've always loved the name Maile for a girl, but we can't ever use it because that's my mom's dog's name, and two of my cousins named their daughters this as well. DH really like Stanley for a boy, but everytime I hear this name, I automatically think of south park, so I don't think we'd ever actually use it...

• Loading the player...
  • We have 2 and wanted 2. Hooray for being finished! I actually wanted them 3 yrs apart, but we accidentally went with 18 months.

Currently, we are not pet owners, but we want a dog sometime in the future.

I love the name Noah for a boy, DH hates it. We always had a rule that if a name we liked was in the top 10 on the US social security list we couldn't use it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fun GTKY! Thanks for posting

How many kids do you want to have? How far apart do you want them to be if more than one? At least 2, but I do want a girl, so we'll go up to 4 before calling it quits if need be. That being said, this is 1, so we may decide two is plenty. Probably start trying 18 months to 2 years after this LO

Are you a pet owner?
    I have a black lab/greyhound mix who is awesome, but many years ago when I went to live with my parents for 6 months he and my dad became inseparable, and he's now my dad's entire focus in retirement. DH and I can't agree on a breed, but we want a pup when LO isn't a "baby" anymore

I actually like some of the hippy celeb baby names, but fear them being taken seriously in the adult professional world
  • How many kids do you want to have? How far apart do you want them to be (if more than one)?

Two - I already have a 14 almost 15 year old and now LO on the way.  I didn't plan on them being this far apart but being as my DH and I have been married for almost 9 years now it just took us that long to get pregnant.  I do not plan on having any more after this as I just turned 39 and I said my cut off was 40.  I'm getting/feeling way to old and another one after this does not seem likely at all.  LOL

Are you a pet owner? Yes, we have a very spoiled german short-haired pointer

What are your favorite names that you would never actually use for a child?  I always liked the name Diego which we considered but some family members were not all that thrilled with it.  If we would have had a girl we considered Giada but now that is not an option as we are having a boy.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"