Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pads are so not ment to be worn this long!!!!

I have been postpartum bleeding for 2 weeks and a few days. I been using the Always Infinity pads. They are so comfortable and I hardly feel like I am wearing anything cept the fact they are now making me ITCH and I feel like I have diaper rash!!!! They are also making me raw (from the wings) on my legs! Plus the awful itching burn after a bowl movement! OMG I could go CRAZY! What can I do to relief this annoyance?? Is there anything?? I use the water bottle 2x every time I go!

Re: Pads are so not ment to be worn this long!!!!

• Agreed. There is not much I hate more in this world than pads. I had to switch to Lightdays pantyliners even though I had to change them every hour or so because I couldn't take the pads any longer! If the pads are rubbing you raw, try some of LO's diaper cream!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I dont have diaper cream. I have A and D ointment prevent. babies never get diaper rash! :) by using that stuff. My family have never had diaper rash with any of us kids! (5 kids) so I guess its that good. But i basically dont have hair there any more... more so than it being raw like diaper rash! I might try panti liners! I cant do the pads any longer! its annoying! they need to make breathable pads for postpartum.  
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCountrygirl0289:
    I dont have diaper cream. I have A and D ointment prevent. babies never get diaper rash! :) by using that stuff. My family have never had diaper rash with any of us kids! (5 kids) so I guess its that good. But i basically dont have hair there any more... more so than it being raw like diaper rash! I might try panti liners! I cant do the pads any longer! its annoying! they need to make breathable pads for postpartum.  

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRegne:
    Agreed. There is not much I hate more in this world than pads. I had to switch to Lightdays pantyliners even though I had to change them every hour or so because I couldn't take the pads any longer! If the pads are rubbing you raw, try some of LO's diaper cream!!!

I had to switch too. I'd had a pretty bad cough for 2 weeks before LO was born and had pretty much uncontrollable peeing with hard coughs so I had to wear pads. I'm still bleeding now so I need something in place. Had to switch to pantiliners cuz the "rash" was killing me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found Kotex to be much more comfortable than the always ones. Always made it hard to breathe down there. Maybe try switching up the brand your using to see if it will help. I had pp bleeding for almost six weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • switch to Kotex. My midwife explained the dry weave in the always brand causes women to heal a lot slower. kotex doesn't have any plastic in their pads.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • srd3srd3 member
    Try tucks for the itch..and try pads with no wings..I had to switch to no wings also! If you want to finish up the ones you have first ( might as well not let them go to waste) just fold the wing onto itself! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sometimes a little air is the best. I felt like if people saw me in those weeks of PP bleeding, they would think I had Herpes I was itching so much. Not attractive. Every now and again, when I got the chance, I went pantsless. Totally awkward for my family, but AMAZING for my downstairs. Tucks medicated pads also help. Maybe some baby powder on  your legs could help from getting so raw? I didn't have that problem, but it might help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I had the same problem and mentioned it to my MW. She suggested cotton ones so off to Whole Foods I went and found some.  They are much better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBabyHope2013:
    I found Kotex to be much more comfortable than the always ones. Always made it hard to breathe down there. Maybe try switching up the brand your using to see if it will help. I had pp bleeding for almost six weeks.nbsp;

This. I got that advice before I had DD and they were amazing. :
    photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • I also got that awful, raw rash in those weeks PP. I switched to panty liners and used baby powder, and I was better in a few days.
  • Switch to no wings. Ditto Kotex old fashioned plain pads. I get them from Amazon super cheap.
  • Always thong pantiliner can be used in normal underwear
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm going on postpartum 4 weeks and still spotting so can't ditch the pads just yet. But I started using always infinity and it was so irritating. I switched to Kotex natural balance and it was nite and day. No more itching. The package even says its natural and breathable. It might be worth it to give it a try. Link to product below:

https://www.kotex.com/NA/products/kotex-natural-balance-ultra-thin-pads-long/03900 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageMANG0MAMA:

I'm going on postpartum 4 weeks and still spotting so can't ditch the pads just yet. But I started using always infinity and it was so irritating. I switched to Kotex natural balance and it was nite and day. No more itching. The package even says its natural and breathable. It might be worth it to give it a try. Link to product below:

https://www.kotex.com/NA/products/kotex-natural-balance-ultra-thin-pads-long/03900 

I second this.  Those Kotex Natural Balance pads & liners are fabulous!  Every bit as absorbent as the massive hospital ones without feeling like a diaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"