Maryland Babies
Options

Moms of two (or more)

How do you handle bath time in your house? Do you bathe your kids together? Separately, but on the same nights? Or alternate nights. My current system feels very inefficient......

And while we are on the subject, how do you do bedtime? When B was little I took him upstairs at 7, nursed him to sleep then put S to bed after that, but now that he is older it seems like he is able to stay up a little later. Just wondering if you do pajamas/storytime etc with both kids or separately.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Moms of two (or more)

• Options

I bath both girls together and normally it's a two man job, because C now likes to stand up in the bath tub. The other night she went face first into the water and scared the bejesus out of me. Usually C doesn't last as long as A does. She is normally out of the bath and clothed before A gets out.

As for bed time, it all depends on how tired each of the kids are. Sometimes C goes to bed first and then other nights A goes to bed first. Normally we read to A on the sofa while C is playing in the living room.  Normally they both are in bed by 8pm.

• Options

We do baths together too (well not DS, lol) and it works out well.

Well (puts on my flame retardant suit) both girls are in our bed so I put them in bed at the same time. I read a book to them while I nurse F and I'll read a second when she's finished. She doesn't nurse to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually my Hubby does the bath and I do all the dressing , lotion, nails etc Sam goes first then I do Jammie's and bed with her while jd is in the bath . Then I do Jammie's and so forth with him . I am lucky Samantha goes done within 10 min. Girl wants her sleep . We usually let Jason watch tv in bed and then he goes down about 830
  • Options
    They take baths together and go to bed at the same time. They are in the same room so that is part of the reason why they do go to bed at the same time. My kids are only 18 months apart so there is no problem doing things together.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

They take baths together - we alternate baths so who ever is not doing baths then does lotion and jammies.   Usually D2 gets taken out first because she wants to stand up and D1 stays in longer. 

Bedtime - they go to bed at the same time, each parent puts one child to bed and we alternate.

If/when DH is gone, the girls still do baths together and then I'll turn the TV on for D1 and I'll put D2 to bed.  And then put D1 to bed after her show.  Its better now but I used to know that I had exactly 24 minutes to get D2 to bed before D1 would come upstairs asking for another show.  And it takes D2 less time to go to bed now that she's not nursing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Our situation is a little different because I am still using the infant tub for Violet. She gets bathed twice a week usually and Sydney gets bathed almost every night because she doesn't wipe herself very well after going potty all day long at daycare.

When Violet starts sitting up on her own and we start using the normal tub to bathe her, I plan to bathe them together on the nights that Violet takes a bath. Typically whoever does the bathing also does the dressing, combing hair, etc after their baths.

ETA - for bedtime we just take it a day at a time. On school nights, Sydney goes to bed at the same time every night and we have our routine of watching Caillou, reading books, then bed. Violet's bedtime isn't consistent just yet, but its usually between 7:30 and 8:30. So sometimes she's already asleep when we're putting Sydney to bed or sometimes she's still up. I think we will most likely end up putting Violet to bed earlier than Sydney goes because when Sydney was younger, she went to bed at 7:30 every night. Now its more like 8:15 (and even then, we can't get to actually fall asleep til after 9 sometimes!! What gives?! But that's for another post...)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMegcheer2:

ETA - for bedtime we just take it a day at a time. On school nights, Sydney goes to bed at the same time every night and we have our routine of watching Caillou, reading books, then bed. Violet's bedtime isn't consistent just yet, but its usually between 7:30 and 8:30. So sometimes she's already asleep when we're putting Sydney to bed or sometimes she's still up. I think we will most likely end up putting Violet to bed earlier than Sydney goes because when Sydney was younger, she went to bed at 7:30 every night. Now its more like 8:15 (and even then, we can't get to actually fall asleep til after 9 sometimes!! What gives?! But that's for another post...)

yep....DS1 does not fall asleep until 9:30 or even 10 some nights. i blame the 2 hour nap at daycare, because on the weekends he is out at 8!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have two sons (8 and 5) and I have always bathed/showered them together. They have fun and it's all done in one.

For bedtime we usually but Devyn (the older one) in bed first, say good night together and then he gets to read in bed for 30 minutes while I go and bring Luke to bed, read him a story and turn off the light. 

Before Devyn could read I would read them both a story in Devyn's bed, then say good night to Devyn and go straight to Luke's room and put him to bed as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My twins bathe and go to bed together. My older two bathe separately b/g but go to bed together. They are 6 and 4 which is why we bathe separately. It's a circus at night especially when I am on my own.
  • Options

We used to bathe together, but stopped around Christmas.  Now, Aiden will take a shower and then Claire will take a bath or vice versa.  It was much easier when they were bathing together.

I think next year when Aiden starts school we'll have him start showering in the morning. 

Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Options

Bath- I bathe both girls together sometimes only because McKenzee can't stand up independently and it is easier to bathe her alone so I can monitor her only then I do Sophee (or vice versa). As she gets more independent in the tub, they will bathe together.

Bedtime- both girls go down between 8-9. Usually McKenzee is put to sleep my either me or my husband and then Sophee goes to bed after her. She is usually good about going to bed on her own (she may come out of room 2-3 times, but that is not each night. Both girls sleep through the night once sleep. 

Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Mine still take a bath together. 

We do stories in our bed post-bath- and borrowing the flame-retardant suit DD falls asleep in our bed, DS walks into their bedroom and gets into his bed by himself. After DD is sleeping well DH moves her into her bed, making her sit on the potty on the way there.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"