1st Trimester
Options

Resting heart rate

Hey guys, what is a normal resting heart rate for a pregnant woman?

I am 6 weeks pregnant, seems my average resting heart rate is 94. Weird to see it so high, but makes sense! 

Re: Resting heart rate

• Options
    Mine is also this high...around 100. My doctor said not to get concerned bless it reaches in the teens. It makes me feel weird though :(
  • Options
    My heart rate and bp have both gone down in pregnancy (esp bp).  94 is really high for me (pregnant or not), but my usual is around 72.  Do you know what yours usually is?  Do you exercise (which usually lowers resting heart rate)?  My two cents: I wouldn't worry, but i'd check w/ ob/mw.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Op im glad you posted. I checked mine yesterday and it 96 which is very high for me. Im usually in the low 70s. I was a bit concerned but my bp is ok so i figured....well...that it was ok lol. But i will still mention to ob next week.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Everytime I get my vitals taken the nurse always comments how it's high. I can't recal the number but those are the comments

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I have my first appointment on Wednesday will def mention it, but everywhere I've read says it usually is between 80-100 with pregnant people since you are pumping extra blood, we'll see how true that is!
  • Options
    imageashleyzeffiro:
    I have my first appointment on Wednesday will def mention it, but everywhere I've read says it usually is between 80-100 with pregnant people since you are pumping extra blood, we'll see how true that is!
    Hmm, maybe mine was a fluke...
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    I'm sure everyones different, you could be in better shape. And I can't always believe what I read so I will def see what the dr. says although I'm not overly concerned it was also down in the 80's and I'm going off a heart rate watch monitor theyre not always accurate :)
  • Options
    When pregnant, your blood pressure and heart rate are supposed to be lower than your normal prepregnancy. Your circulation slows down because of the blood the baby is taking and when bp slows you're heart rate slows as a reaction. This is large impart why pg women get dizzy, light headed and even pass out. My normal bp is 104/66 with heart rate around 80bpm. My pregnancy bp is around 90/58, hr mid 60's. I exercise a lot normally so I already have lower bp than the average person. Low bp is nothing to worry about, won't harm baby, just sit down if you feel light headed so you don't pass out. High bp on the other hand is a concern.
  • Options
    Mine is always high. Between 120's-140's, which is really odd considering my resting heartrate when I'm not pregnant is in the 90's-100.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ alkvoelker: I don't mean to worry you, but I pretty much had those exact numbers during my first pregnancy, and that was the only symptom I had for what turned out to be hyperthyroidism (Grave's Disease). Your GP can order a simple blood test to test your TSH and T4 levels to rule it out. And because I REALLY don't want to freak you out, please be advised that it's almost completely manageable during pregnancy; I just became very good friends with my endocrinologist because I saw her so much! So you might want to get that checked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"