October 2011 Moms

I am back

This last week or so has been pretty rough. DS and I have been trying to get over our sinus infections and his teething, Grandma was here for the weekend to watch DS for us while we went to the program, and DS has been extremely clingy and crying a lot. I think it is because he was left with Grandma all weekend plus Papa hasn't been around much. DS has always been a wonderful sleeper but that has been shot to hell the last week or so. If DS wakes up in the middle of the night he won't go back to sleep and he will keep crying until we get him. He also refuses to go to sleep and will just scream and cry until we come in and stay with him. We are hoping that as things normalize again that he will go back to his regular sleeping habits. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them!

DH "graduated" last night and has been doing really well. The weekend program was emotionally exhausting and made DH look like a saint. We inadvertently ran one of the participants out of the program by tearing into him over something he did to his family for which he won't take responsibility for. It was crazy! A big fight almost broke out! 

I have been exhausted since late last week and can't seem to get over it yet. I think I am also in the middle of a flare-up as it feels someone took a baseball bat to my back.  

Anyway, I thought I would check in. This post sounds like a major downer but I think things are better and I think we should be back to normal soon (fingers crossed). I am just in a really weird place right now mentally and physically. Hope you are all doing well. 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I am back

• Hey Smit!  That's wonderful about your H, that took dedication to make it through that process, especially since it wasn't in your home town. 

I'm sorry about all of the disruption.  You know that it will settle down, it's just a matter of time.  Doesn't it seem like stress has a delayed reaction on the body?  Just as things settle down, then the body acts up.  Hopefully your body will settle down.  I know that you take meds, but do you receive acupuncture as well?  When I've done it, I've absolutely loved it.  It left me feeling very euphoric.

C has done (and currently again) doing the screaming at night thing.  I don't know if it is nightmare induced or what.  Either way, we go in there and rub his back.  Sometimes he'll thrash, and I'll just talk to him about how it's night time and he needs to lay down.  We also have one of those little animals that light up and play music in his crib.  I turn that on.  Sometimes when he wakes up, he'll turn that on himself.  If all of that doesn't work, I leave for a couple of minutes and send DH in.  Of course he's always laid right down for DH Super Angry but I try not to do that since DH wakes so early for work.

Here's hoping for a quick return to the schedule. Drinks  You are not a downer.  I think that we all feeling some sort of exhaustion/depression/whatever, I know I do.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am glad to hear that your DH made it through the program. Hopefully after you all get back into your schedule your DS will get back to sleeping normally.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSuperDeDuper:

Hi Smit!  Congrats to your DH on completing his program and doing really well with it.  That's great!

Sounds like things are still very busy and stressful right now, I hope things settle down soon.  You're not being a downer...you're being honest and it seems like you're even doing a good job of staying optimistic that things are getting better.  Stay strong, lady!  Right Hug

Yes this! Also, just remember that even though it's stressful it's better to deal with it now when your LO won't remember anything. I'm glad things are getting better for you. Keep us updated!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad everything went well for DH. That is great news. I know this weekend was causing you a lot of stress. Thank goodness it's over and everyone survived.

Hoping everyone is feeling physically better, soon, too. Welcom back!

• Glad to hear things are going well for your DH. Hopefully, this is just the beginning for an uphill swing toward great things. GL!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Glad your back, what an ordeal!
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • imageChunstad:

I know that you take meds, but do you receive acupuncture as well?  When I've done it, I've absolutely loved it.  It left me feeling very euphoric.

C has done (and currently again) doing the screaming at night thing.  I don't know if it is nightmare induced or what.  Either way, we go in there and rub his back.  Sometimes he'll thrash, and I'll just talk to him about how it's night time and he needs to lay down.  We also have one of those little animals that light up and play music in his crib.  I turn that on.  Sometimes when he wakes up, he'll turn that on himself.  If all of that doesn't work, I leave for a couple of minutes and send DH in.  Of course he's always laid right down for DH Super Angry but I try not to do that since DH wakes so early for work.

That is what I have been trying to do too but it isn't working this last week. I didn't think of the musical animal. He has one that he plays with in his room but I haven't attached it to his crib. I should really try that tonight. I haven't tried acupuncture for myself either but I have been keeping it in the back of my mind. I hear wonders about it but I haven't taken the leap to try it. I am definitely getting back to the pool next week as that helps me a ton.

I am so proud of MH and the wonderful progress he has made! DH will be out 1 night per week from here on out but he will be home by 7:30 so we can still eat together and DS will be able to see him.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive and always sending well wishes! I really appreciate all of the support you ladies have shown me.  After I arrived at work today I started to feel a bit more normal; less pain and more rested. I am sure we can get back to normal after a restful weekend.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey Smit! Glad to have you back! I'm so sorry that life has been crazy lately. I hope things settle down for you and that you get a handle on your back pain. 

Send our congratulations to your DH for completing his program!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"