Trying to Get Pregnant

When should i take a pregnancy test(or blood) if my period is irregular?

My period is very irregular and the last time i got it was December 5th of this year, and previous to that i got it sometime in August.Right now me and my Fiance are TTC. We had sex right after my period stopped and ever since then, until i started feeling kind of weird. I noticed that my boobs started to hurt, i started having constant diarrhea and constipation, feeling tired and sleepy all the time, chills, body-aches,fever, and frequent backaches. I didn't know what to make of it but sometimes you just know when something's not right. the symptoms didn't stop, instead they became more active. I can honestly say that I experienced all of the preg. syptoms including what is known as "implantation bleeding" which was very light and only last for a couple of days(my period is also very heavy but the bleeding i got was significantly lighter). the only thing i haven't experience yet is throwing up, but then again only 1 in 2 of all preg. women get this. I decided to take a home pregnancy test but it came out negative so this kinda made me lose hope, but then a friend of mines that already has a child said that all her other tests were negative too and that she didn't test positive until she was about 3 months. I also experienced some bleeding about 2 weeks ago for a couple of days(again lighter then my normal period) but then i read something on the internet that say some women do experience this during pregnancy. If i counted, by now i would be about 12 weeks along.I don't know what to do or think and even my stomach is starting to feel a little tighter then usual. should i wait a little longer and take a urine or blood test or just do it now and go with whatever result i get? PLS help.

Re: When should i take a pregnancy test(or blood) if my period is irregular?

• This should be good.

*grabs popcorn* 

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• um pee on a stick.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Loading the player...
  • A negative pregnancy test means you're not pregnant. The rule of thumb is if you go 60 days with no period or positive test, you need to go to your doctor to jump start your cycle.

it is extremely rare to go as long as your friend did without a positive test.

Also, read the newbie blog (linked at the top of the forum).  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Negative hpt= not pregnant= no implantation bleeding

Generally, if you have enough pregnancy hormone in you to cause such symptoms, you would turn the stick positive.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Is the lame popcorn joke ever going to go away?
  • I seriously stopped reading after two sentences. Paragraphs, yo!

Pee on a stick. Two lines equal pregnant. Any other result besides an obvious digital "pregnant" or "yes" does not apply to being pregnant.

ETA: to clarify.

Anniversary

• Your symptoms sound like you had the flu. If you were really 12 weeks pregnant you'd turn a test positive.

***SIGGY/TICKER WARNING***

TTC since September 2012 ~ DH(32): Non-obstructive azoospermia, Me(32): Normal

10/13 - TESE found sperm!! ~ 11/13 - IVF w/ ICSI #1 ~ ER 11/23/13 ~ 10 R, 9 M, 8 F

ET 11/29/13 ~ Transferred 2 beautiful hatching blasts, 5 frosties

12/5/13 -  BFP!!! Beta #1 (12/7/13) - 189  Beta #2 (12/9/13) - 401 Beta #3 5871

12/16/13 U/S #1 - TWINS!! EDD - August 16, 2014 ~ 7/19/14 - Our beautiful baby girls joined the world!

• I stopped reading after the post title... How does one "take" a blood test? ... like an ink blot?

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imagepeanut+muse:
    Is the lame popcorn joke ever going to go away?

No. I doubt the gifs will either.

• imagebornmommy:
    I stopped reading after the post title... How does one "take" a blood test? ... like an ink blot?

It's "when" not "how" lol

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

TEAM BLUE!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagebornmommy:
    I stopped reading after the post title... How does one "take" a blood test? ... like an ink blot?

***Not sure why it was posted twice

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

TEAM BLUE!

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageRomel0611:
    -snip-  I can honestly say that I experienced all of the preg. syptoms including what is known as "implantation bleeding" which was very light and only last for a couple of days(my period is also very heavy but the bleeding i got was significantly lighter). the only thing i haven't experience yet is throwing up, but then again only 1 in 2 of all preg. women get this.-snip-

1. You said you had bleeding which lasted for a couple days. Was it red flow? If it was..it was your period. Things change and so can the amount that comes out.

2. Are you saying only 1 or 2 women out of everyone in the world who is pregnant right now has morning sickness? I know a ton of girls who are pregnant right now and I think ALL of them had morning sickness.

BFP #2 2/3/14  | EDD 10/16/14
    First U/S 2/10 Possible TWINS!
      | Second U/S 2/24 TRIPLETS!!!

• imagekrdesi:

imagebornmommy:

She still wouldn't be able to take it.  She would have to "get" one.  Semantics!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imagepeanut+muse:

Prob not and neither are gifs because some people aren't uptight. I know I'm a *** but no one takes me seriously. you are just a ***.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's the HCG in your system that first starts to cause symptoms, so if you were truly having pregnancy symptoms you would also turn a test positive.  Those extremely rare women who don't turn a test positive for three months of pregnancy probably also didn't have any symptoms.  Negative test = not pregnant. Any grade school math student who knows their integers could tell you this.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imageLilSip0611:
    Your symptoms sound like you had the flu. If you were really 12 weeks pregnant you'd turn a test positive.

Honestly, this. And with the nasty strains that are going around, it can take awhile to shake it.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerunningpenguin:

imageLilSip0611:
    Your symptoms sound like you had the flu. If you were really 12 weeks pregnant you'd turn a test positive.

Honestly, this. And with the nasty strains that are going around, it can take awhile to shake it.

I couldn't get through OPs wall of text the first time, but upon re-reading and at least getting to the symptoms part, I'd agree.  Pregnancy does not induce body aches, chills, and fever.  That's flu.  Take some tylenol or ibuprofen and lay low for a while. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imageCrayChristi:

imagepeanut+muse:

Prob not and neither are gifs because some people aren't uptight. I know I'm a *** but no one takes me seriously. you are just a ***.  

Blah blah blah.

And FTR, I can understand why people are amused by GIFs. I just don't personally enjoy them.

• imagepeanut+muse:

My bad. 

Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• imageannieravensfan528:

imagepeanut+muse:

My bad. 

Meh, I'm kind of cranky tonight. It's not really that big of a deal.

• imagepeanut+muse:
    imageannieravensfan528:

imagepeanut+muse:

&nbsp;

My bad.&nbsp;

Peanut are you always cranky? The last few snark fights I've watched ends in you saying, "meh, I'm just cranky. No big deal." We all get cranky ...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageabremer:
    imagepeanut+muse:
    imageannieravensfan528:

imagepeanut+muse:

My bad. 

Peanut are you always cranky? The last few snark fights I've watched ends in you saying, "meh, I'm just cranky. No big deal." We all get cranky ...

When I recognize that I am being unnecessarily b*tchy, I acknowledge it.

ETA: I think you're overstating, though. There are plenty of disputes in which I have not said that I'm cranky.

• It's like a slow car wreck...
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagepeanut+muse:

I doubt it unfortunatley.

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"