June 2012 Moms
Options

AW: LO#2 is team...

Blue!

Just found out on Tuesday (from Mat21 testing, so we're sure), and am still wrapping my head around it, since we were both angling for a girl, more for logistical reasons than anything else (clothes, they'll have to share a bathroom, feel comfortable with a girl after 9 months with DD), so now we're just focusing on coming up with a name we like, since our last name is literally the most common one in the U.S.!

I know I don't post on here very often, but I still lurk and try to post occasionally.  Thanks to all those who have been supportive since I announced this pregnancy!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: LO#2 is team...

• Options
    Congrats! Boys are so much fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! I for one think it'd be neat to have one of each sex and see the differences as they grow up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I always said I wanted one of each, and in this order, so I am getting what I asked for.  My reasons for wanting two girls was strictly logistical, like I said.  The funny thing is, all of us (me, DH, and my parents, not sure about his) really wanted a girl again this time, so our initial reaction was kind of a negative "awww," but it was said while smiling and laughing, because obviously we're thrilled to be having another healthy baby of either sex (forgot to mention, he passed his chromosomal testing with flying colors!).
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
  • Options
    congratulations!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  2u2 is pure madness for a while but it gets fun.  And I love watching them laugh and play together now.  

image   image

• Options
    Congrats!  We are sort of hoping #2 is a girl for logistical reasons as well!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun! Smile
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats and many blessings!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAliciaS1411:
    Congrats! Boys are so much fun!

This!  I always thought I wanted a little girl but DS is the LOVE of my life and so much fun!!!!  Congratulations!!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Options

I'll admit, when I was told that DC#2 was a girl I cried a little.  I chose not to believe it.  I also wanted another of the same gender for logistical reasons and also because I LOVE my little boy and wanted him to have a buddy.  BUT...now that I have one of each, I love it.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  For us, the logistics didn't end up being too big of a deal.  DD uses all of the same toys and big ticket items DS did.  However, I did go a bit crazy with clothes for her...

I agree with PP that 2u2 is crazycakes in the beginning, but now it is so.much.fun!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats. When I got pregnant with DS I really wanted another girl for all of the reasons you gave share things etc? so I was disappointed a little when I found out DS was a boy.  I had a hard time buying clothes because nothing was cute LOL.  Well can I just say I LOVE having a son.  He is way more cuddly than DD ever was and he just loves his mamma.  If we deiced to have a third I am hoping for another boy. Also, DD is three and can I just say mean girl syndrome starts young.  I took her to an art class and observed on the first day and I was shocked all the boys were playing together and the girls already had rules.  One girl was bossing everyone else and was not happy that DD was a new girl.  The other girl just followed boss girl.  Ugh what am I in for.

As for clothes etc? DS did end up using some of DD?s things she had some general neutral stuff and he has been seen with a pink blanket or two lol.  He used all the same big ticket items including the crib.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesnicksnack:

Congrats. When I got pregnant with DS I really wanted another girl for all of the reasons you gave share things etc? so I was disappointed a little when I found out DS was a boy.  I had a hard time buying clothes because nothing was cute LOL.  Well can I just say I LOVE having a son.  He is way more cuddly than DD ever was and he just loves his mamma.  If we deiced to have a third I am hoping for another boy. Also, DD is three and can I just say mean girl syndrome starts young.  I took her to an art class and observed on the first day and I was shocked all the boys were playing together and the girls already had rules.  One girl was bossing everyone else and was not happy that DD was a new girl.  The other girl just followed boss girl.  Ugh what am I in for.

As for clothes etc? DS did end up using some of DD?s things she had some general neutral stuff and he has been seen with a pink blanket or two lol.  He used all the same big ticket items including the crib.

Thanks for the words of encouragement to you and all who have one of each.  I know once he's here I won't care at all, and frankly, I'm interested to see the differences between the two.  I was a tomboy growing up, so I always wanted a boy until I had DD.  The only thing I'm really worried about (besides the first 6-12 months of 2u2), is changing boy diapers.  I know I will have to be on guard with DS, whereas DD has been a breeze.

I pulled out the gender neutral clothes today (5% of DS's clothes, if that), but might end up re-using her pink swaddle blankets, since he really won't know.  My mom and I are going to do a little shopping for other clothes tomorrow.  I'm trying to decide if we need a brown crib for DS, or if it's ok for him to have a white crib, like DD has.  I have to buy a new one either way, since she will only be 14.5 months old when he arrives, but can't decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"