January 2013 Moms
Options

swaddle for a nap?

DD is swaddled for her nap now... second time I've done this.  She sleeps a long time when swaddled (it's been 2.5 hours already).  Do you all experience longer naps when swaddled?  I don't want to wake her, but also don't want her to sleep TOO long.  She also is swaddled at night and has become a very good sleeper.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: swaddle for a nap?

• Options
    do u swaddle arms in or out?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've always felt DS sleeps longer when swaddled. But after two nights waking up to his Halo sleepsack up around his chin because he has been trying to burst out (and yes, I swaddle with his arms straight at his sides and as tight as I can get it without thinking I'm torturing him!)...I gave them up. He sleeps just as good without them. So maybe I'm lucky. 

If I swaddle DS while he is awake he screams...so I would always have to do it after he falls asleep. Which was bad anyway as we have been trying to put him down to bed when he is showing signs of being tired instead of being asleep. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We only swaddle at night. He's a good napper as is either in the RNP, nap nanny, couch, wherever, so I don't think it's necessary. I'm thinking we'll keep with this routine so that DS starts to know swaddling always means bedtime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageSarahBBowers:
    do u swaddle arms in or out?

arms in... in the miracle blanket 

• Options
    I swaddle DD during the day if she is starting to get fussy and needs to soothe. If she happens to fall asleep then she will nap swaddled. She is always swaddled at night.;
  • Options
    we swaddle anytime we put him down to sleep. we actually tried to swaddle with arms out last night (he is so close to rolling) & i had to go soothe him every half hour. this is a baby who sleeps 7 1/2 hours straight, after feeding him the first time we swaddled arms in and he was out until morning. for us, swaddling is the way to go!!
  • Options
    If he likes it, I say go for it! My DS sleeps better swaddled as well. Eventually, we'll all need to break the habit but at only a month or two old, it's not a big deal. Sleep is glorious :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKyleedawn08:
    we swaddle anytime we put him down to sleep. we actually tried to swaddle with arms out last night (he is so close to rolling) & i had to go soothe him every half hour. this is a baby who sleeps 7 1/2 hours straight, after feeding him the first time we swaddled arms in and he was out until morning. for us, swaddling is the way to go!!

My LO also sleeps better swaddled. When he gets his arms out he rubs his face and wakes himself up.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We only swaddle at night with arms out because LO was able to roll on her side from like week one and I was just scared that she would just roll over one night.

I dont swaddle for naps because LO refuses to sleep in the crib.

• Options
    Aside from times like now, when LO is napping on me, I have stared swaddling for naps this week and it has made a huge difference.  The last two weeks, before swaddling for naps, he would only nap for 5-15 min.  I think a part of it is also the extra warmth
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We always swaddle when we put him down to sleep but it's hit and miss as to whether it works... Sometimes he fights it so much he breaks out before he falls asleep; other times he's perfectly content and stays swaddled... And there's really no rhyme or reason to how he sleeps when swaddled or not. However, we continue to swaddle because most of the time it does calm him down and help him relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"