July 2012 Moms
Options

How often is LO nursing?

If you still BF how long is your LO going in between sessions? Sometimes Dagny will nurse every 2 hours or other times she will wait 4 hours. I'm worried she's not eating often enough during the day because she has started waking up more at night. I try and offer the boob once its been 2.5 or 3 hours since her last meal but a lot of times she throws a fit and refuses to eat.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How often is LO nursing?

• Options
    imagejnoone:
    My timespan between nursing sessions varies like yours.nbsp; I get 5 sessions in during the day.nbsp; He has been waking up at night lately, but I'm 99 sure it's from teething pain.Have you tried pumping a bottle for her?nbsp; Maybe giving her more in bottle form will hold her over longer at night.

I've thought about the bottle but it just seems like such a pain to try and find the time to pump. Not to mention I only have a manual pump and haven't done it for quite a while so I don't know how much I would even be able to get.

I do wonder if its teething but her gums don't feel swollen to me. She does have her two bottom teeth but those came in with zero issues. Ugh. Why can't these babies just talk already?

• Options
    imagenikki2223583:
    Like you my times vary. Noah nurses 630a, 830am, 12p, 2p, 430p, 630p and lately he has been waking up around between 10302. But he has a cold and teething on top of it : The 830 one really is just for topping off reason. I have to take my older 2 to school so I want to make sure he will last until after school is over at 1230. And the 2pm one is more of a top off as well before nap time. So if you get rid of those it would be 4 times during the day and 1 MOTN one. He use to STTN until about a few weeks ago. And then it got better and then the cold/teething hit. I read somewhere that just because a baby is eating more often or waking up to feed isn't about getting enough. But for the life of me I can not remember where!nbsp;

Well this makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!. She did have a cold which was when the waking up started but she is over it now and she really just fights nursing sometimes which is a new and unfun thing and since she fights it and sometimes goes so long without eating that was what made me think it was contributing to the waking up. But maybe it's just a [hopefully short] phase.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It varies.  She usually nurses about 5 times during the day and once at night.  During the day, it anywhere from 2-4 hours.
  • Options
    Annika eats on average every two hours during the day (about 7 feedings), but then she goes 12 hours at night. She doesn't do solids yet except for mum-mums. Hopefully she'll soon start eating more solids so I can cut out some nursing sessions.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We're on 5 nursing sessions and 2 solids sessions. The last few weeks has worked out to 8:00 nursing, 10:00 solids, 11:00 nursing, 2:00 nursing, 4:00 solids, 5:00 nursing, 7:00 bedtime nursing. I'm working on getting another solids meal in between 11 and 2. So basically every 3 hours.

If he nurses only 4 times (if he has a long nap or something and goes 4+ hours without eating), he will wake up MOTN hungry.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    He nurses about every 4 and half hours when awake, so 4 nursing feedings total. He eats solids 3 times a day, a bit after each of the feedings except the bedtime one, then sleeps through the night. I also pump to cover the supply for when I travel before I go to bed, but usually get half of what I think he gets at most feedings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I try to stay around 3 hours between feedings.  Sometimes it varies (2.5-3.5 hours) depending on what we are doing or if she is napping.  LO still nurses 2X a night, sometimes more.
  • Options
    My LO is nursing every 2.5-3 hours during the day. He also eats 2 solid meals as well for lunch and dinner. He goes to bed at 7:30-8 and wakes around 4-5am to eat and then sleeps another couple hours. Not sure if that helps because my little guy is always hungry so I haven't had a problem with him refusing the eat. I hope it gets better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We've been varying a lot lately too. I offer it to her as soon as she gets up from a nap and then right before I'm about to put her down for a nap too. She gets so distracted now - like if she sees one of the dogs in the room or the remote control (she is OBSESSED with the remote controls), then she turns and just stares at it and doesn't want to eat. Usually though it's every 2-3 hours that she eats, sometimes a little longer. She has gone several nights with sleeping for 8+ hours, but then last night she was awake twice during the night to eat. So I don't know....
  • Options

I just love a thread where I can read that I'm def not alone in still nursing MOTN sometimes more than once....

Whew.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"