Pregnant after IF
Options

please comfort me....

Today was our first ultrasound. Thinking I was 6 Weeks cause my egg transfer was in February 4th. Today when we went in there I am measuring 5 weeks 5 days. Dr made the comment saying I should be 6 weeks as of today,but its not measuring that big. Is that a bad thing? There was a ga sac, and they found a yolk sac but no embryo...is this bad? Does this mean we are not pregnant?? Please someone tell me what's going on...our dr wasn't concerned...he wanted to see us back in 2 weeks. I just am worried cause I already had 1 miscarriage and has just been feeling cramping. I am just nervous and want to not be stressed...can anyone help??

Re: please comfort me....

• Options

I tried to con my RE into allowing me to come in earlier than 6 weeks and they told me no because they wouldn't be able to see what they wanted to see.  I never asked exactly what that was, but they didn't see me until 6 weeks 4 days and we saw embryo at that time.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Nothing to worry about.  The measurements are +/- 3 days I heard.  Mine is a week behind and they couldn't find it at all for a while.  The last time I saw it, it was still 5 days behind, but bouncing and I swear it waved at us.  Science isn't perfect and if they were worried they would be monitoring you more closely.  If you are really stresses that is not good for your lo and you can always call the dr and see if they will give you another scan.  But it sounds like everything is great to me :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my first ultrasound Monday at 5w5d, they saw the sac and the yolk but said I came in too early (even though THEY called ME to schedule it for Monday) so now I am going back on Friday at 6w2d.

I am sure everything is ok and it's just early! Try to relax!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If DR wasn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Our LO measured behind at first, but we were told that baby is soooo tee-tiny at that point that it's hard to measure correctly. FX everything is OK! Try not to worry too much at this point...you are very much pregnant so enjoy it!! :)
    MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
    ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejessica_gail2:
    If DR wasn't concerned, I wouldn't be either. Our LO measured behind at first, but we were told that baby is soooo teetiny at that point that it's hard to measure correctly. FX everything is OK! Try not to worry too much at this point...you are very much pregnant so enjoy it!! :

Ditto all of this.
    At my first ultrasound, baby was measuring small with a low heart rate. Even the RE wasn't sure how it would turn out. By the next sono, baby was bigger and the heart rate doubled!!!

So, this may very well be the case for you guys. That's a lot of growing we expect them to do in a short amount of time! Hang in there. The waiting is excruciating.
  • Options
    You could easily just be early. The one healthy baby I'm pregnant with now has been measuring 2-3 days behind until 7 weeks 5 days when she started measuring on track. Things are SO small at that stage that differences in measuring means several days big or small. I think you saw just what you should at your gestational age. They probably want to see you in 2 weeks to get good fetal measurements and see the heart beat.
  • Options
    You are measuring just fine.  The u/s machines are only accurate to within +/- 3 days.... so you are good.  I had an u/s at 5w6d and gestational + yolk sac was all they were expecting to see... I was lucky enough to see a pulsing fetal pole, but you could barely see the embryo.  A week later the embryo was 3x the size of the yolk sac.... your LO is growing fast!  Hope you see more next time!!
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"