Alaska Babies

Looking for Anchorage moms

I just moved here from california in september and tryng to find some friends. I am 27  and I have an 18 month old boy and a baby on the way 14 weeks along right now.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for Anchorage moms

• Welcome to Anchorage :) I hope the cold isn't TOO shocking for your poor system. I'm 27 and 11 weeks along with my first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to Alaska!  I am not an Anchorage mom, but I live 2 hrs out of town...  Hope you can find some friends to hang out with!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to Anchorage.  I live in Eagle River so just a little bit out of town.  I have a 2 yr old and two older boys.  If you are military, there is the indoor play area on base that kids love.  If you arent I recomend the Alaska Moving Arts Center.  They have open play really cheep and the kids enjoy meeting other kids.  It is also an oportunity to meet other moms. 

13 yr old boy with ASD, ADHD and PICA, 11 yr old boy, 3 yr old Girl, & baby Girl.

imageimage

• Also live near the base. I have a 9 year old son and am in my 21st week with #2. Nice to meet you. 
  • I have been on base to that play area my aunt is retired Air Force so I have access to it.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eagle River has a cool place for little guys - the ice cream social.

I do a lot of the library programs - free and great way to get out of the house.

I've been in Alaska for a total of about 3 years (with a two year break in the middle).  I'm shy and horrible at making new friends.  With this baby #2 I am hoping to branch out and make more friends.  Its so very important to have a good support system and someone local that understands what you are going through.

March 21, I find out how far along we are. :)
  • Hi! I hope you're enjoying Anchorage! Its not so bad once you get use to the snow. We've been here for almost 2 years and love it. We have a 2(almost 3) year old daughter and just found out that baby #2 is on the way! Any questions about things to do here feel free to ask :)
  • Welcome! I just moved back to Anchorage after living in Washington for 13 plus years. My husband and I are loving it here as well as our almost 1 year old girl and we have baby number two on the way in May of this year.

I've been looking for any mommy play groups in the Anchorage area. Good Sam hospital in Puyallup, WA had mommy groups, anyone know of anything like that at providence?
  • I don't know about any mommy groups at the hospital or through them, but there are lots of different ones on meetup.
  • Hi! I'm new to anchorage too! Just moved here in April. I have a 9year old DD and I'm almost 20 weeks with a girl. I'm from FL, this has been a HUGE change for me. I'm a SAHM now for the first time since I started working at 14. Lol. It's interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"