Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Smeared OPK

Hey ladies, I have another question. By the way, thank you all for always answering my questions! I just took a clearblue digi OPK and got a smiley face. As I went to eject the strip to throw it away, I noticed its a smeared blue mess. I usually get 2 dark lines with my smiley. I read the directions and they said not to look at the test strip. So I asked Dr. Google and there were mixed answers. Some said it was due to over saturation and that they retested and it was negative, and some said to just go with the smiley. Just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences with the digi opk's? Should I retest later tonight? TIA!

Re: Smeared OPK

• Options
    I use the same ones. I would go with the instructions and not look at the test strip (I never do)
  • Options
    Exact same thing happened to me last month with the clearblue digital test...I was ticked because those suckers aren't cheap! It happened to me twice last cycle! I had a few other ovulation tests laying around so I did those immediately following the smiley test and got STARK white negatives making me believe they were false positives. Grrrrrr. I called the phone number on the box, the lady old me it sounded like they were over saturated...I don't think I did, but whatever. She sent me a new box....but I'm not impressed with them. I ordered a nice big suupply of internet cheapies for this month!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"