Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Am I crazy? Sleep-nap-related

I've always been a little crazy when it comes to our little guy's sleep/nap schedule. I keep reading that if they don't get enough it could mess with their development. 

Before I went back to work, I had a pretty good one going, every 2-3 hours he would nap for 30 minutes to 2 hours, it just depended. But total, he would average 3 hours in naps and then sleep 8:00pm until 3:00am (feeding) and back down until around 7:00am. 

Now that I'm back at work he hardly naps for the sitter. MAYBE an hour total all day. However, now at night he sleeps straight through 7:30-6:30am and dropped that MOTN feeding. 

He eats well, she says he's easy and happy all day and when we get home from work he isn't a mess, either. So, why am I still concerned that he isn't getting enough sleep? It seems he only gets around 12 hours a day now. Should I just figure he's getting what he needs and let it go? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I crazy? Sleep-nap-related

• Options
    My DS was like this. He slept 12 hrs a night, no MOTN feeding and only slept about an hr a day. He was fine! Some babies get their sleep at night I suppose. Eventually once he starts crawling and walking he will sleep longer. Hang in there!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options
    My girl was like this starting at 4 mo. Went straight to sleeping 12 hrs at night and would nap (2) 45 min naps at best during the day. She did this for a good 6 weeks...now we're back to a MOTN feeding around 3am. I'm trying to push her bedtime back a little and see if that helps. He's fine, his sleep pattern will change 100 times lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would say as long as he is sleeping through the night ok, and not a complete disaster when you get home from work, that you shoudnt really worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"