Trouble TTC
Options

Dealing with work and scheduling all the IF appts....

In my job, I have a lot of meetings out of town that can be up to 3 or 4 hours away. Basically, my whole day becomes shot. I've just received an email regarding my availability for a meeting either next week or the week after - they gave me a few dates to choose from.  

Unfortunately, CD1 is looming around the corner, and this is supposed to be our first IUI cycle. I don't want to miss the important appointments, but the available dates they gave me for the meeting are all really close to either my potential CD3 appt and possibly a monitoring appt. But since CD1 is up in the air, I have no idea what dates would really work or not.

So, if you have a lot of meetings or appts with work, how do you deal with scheduling those and your IF appts? And is there some flexibility in the IF appts - like could I do bloodwork on CD4 instead of CD3, if that is how it worked out? Also, what if CD3 falls on a Saturday or Sunday?

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dealing with work and scheduling all the IF appts....

• Options
    I was told I'd be doing my baseline US and labs on either CD 2, 3, or 4. I'm going to try to make it be on CD3 but they seem to think there is no difference.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have had a CD3 appt on CD2 before. I don't think that really matters if you are only a day off. I imagine the RE could work around the other days too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It would depend on what the medication timing plan is for you. Many people can do their cd3 appointment on cd2-4, which is how they handle it if cd3 falls on the weekend. If you need to start meds on cd3 it can be a bit trickier, but cd2 would still be an option. What I have tried to do is mostly schedule myself for every other day in hopes of being available on the day I need. 
    I also have intermittent FMLA but after yesterday's escapade I'm not sure how feasible it will be for me to use it.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options

I have had to reschedule work appointments multiple times for IF appointments.  I am my "boss" so i don't get yelled at, but I'm also the one who has to deal with our decreased production when i'm out of the office. 

my RE allows you to do baseline ultrasound on day 2, 3, or 4.  I'm on injectables now, so i don't really have a lot of flexibility with those monitoring appointments/days.  I have learned that you just have to find a way to make it work.  My advice is to be honest with your doc/nurses if they try to schedule you on a day that you know won't work.  Hopefully they can be flexible.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My RE has appointments as early as 6:30 in the morning so it's easy for me to get in before work so I can take less time off.
  • Options
    My RE also offers super early appointments (as early as 6:30) and my RE is open Sat and Sun in the am.  I've heard of some being closed on Sundays, but pretty sure all open on Saturdays for the most part? Hope it works out for you!
    TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    Me: 33, DH: 35, DX: PCOS & MFI (low everything)
    IUI #1-3 - Low Post-Wash Counts - All BFNs
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI: Long Lupron Protocol - Freeze-All Cycle due to Severe OHSS
    ER 4/27, 33 Eggs Retrieved, 13 Frosties
    FET #1 6/5, Transferred One Perfect 4AA Blast, HPT BFP @ 6dp5dt
    Beta #1 - 209, Beta #2 - 508, Beta #3 - 1,059
    EDD 2/20/14
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like PP said, my RE wants to do baseline on cd2, 3 or 4.  So if cd3 falls on a weekend I could come in Friday or Monday.  So you should be able to go in which ever day works best.  *This is also why for clomid some people start on cd3 or cd5.  I've even started on cd4 because that was the day I ended up having my baseline.  

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"