Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I guess that was a fluke :/

DS started waking a million times a night for soothing and shortened his first stretch of sleep from 6+ hours to 3. I tried increasing his daytime ounces on Monday and he did a 6 hour stretch, ate, then did a 4 hour stretch. He didnt do those million other wakings. I was so happy I thought I found the answer. Guess it was a fluke. Tonight he woke 9:30, 11, 12:30, 1:30 (but fell asleep on his own that time), 3, 5:30. I am so upset and frustrated. And he seems to dislike his swaddle but un swaddled he scratches, flails and won't stay down more than five minutes :/

Re: I guess that was a fluke :/

• Options
    Have you tried the Halo sleep sack? You can swaddle the bottom half. How hold is LO? you might have to sleep train and just get through a few nights of awful sleeping for everyone to get him on track. it's possible he is going through a growth spurt. LO did this about a month ago before we started sleep training. Do you put hi down awake at night?
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Options

I wish I had an answer but this is our life too right now.  The constant night wakings are so frustrating, I don't even know why I go back to bed sometimes!  I just keep trying to tell myself it can't last forever, they have to sleep sometime.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepumpkinhead4:
    Have you tried the Halo sleep sack? You can swaddle the bottom half. How hold is LO? you might have to sleep train and just get through a few nights of awful sleeping for everyone to get him on track. it's possible he is going through a growth spurt. LO did this about a month ago before we started sleep training. Do you put hi down awake at night?

He used to just be in a sleep sack, but then started crying when put down to bed and flailing and scratching himself til he bled. He has been swaddled about a month now. I tried leaving an arm out a couple times and it was a disaster.  The whole waking for soothing and waking and screaming when put down started when he turned 3 months. He will be 4 months on Monday and it hasnt gotten any better. At first I thought it was a 3 month growth spurt,but has been going on too long now. I am increasing his ounces during the day, hopefully that will begin to help. He has his check up on Monday and I plan to talk to pedi about it, but I know he will tell me to le him cry. I am not against CIO, I just feel he is too young now and i dont know what to do in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"