Pre-School and Daycare

Converted crib to Full Bed

Last night we converted LO's toddler bed into the full bed.  After we put the mattress on the box springs we soon discover that the bed is so high and she will not be able to get on it herself!  Anyone experience this? If so, what was your solution?

I'd like to find a sturdy/attractive stepladder for her. Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Converted crib to Full Bed

• That happened to us as well...the bed is very tall!  I got a little stool from Target for her to step onto and get up on the bed. 
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used the stair stepper thing from our gym.  That way he didn't need precision coming down or grace going up- it never tipped.

The girls share a queen and we have the boxspring and mattress on the floor.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSeasideBride06:
    That happened to us as well...the bed is very tall!nbsp; I got a little stool from Target for her to step onto and get up on the bed.nbsp;

We have a cute stool from Target too. They have pink, white, and blue to choose from.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We bought a a cute red step stool cheap at Target. DS uses it to brushes his teeth since our bathroom counters are high. His twin bed is low enough for him to not need help. Our bed however is very tall, when he wants to get in it he uses a technique he learned for climbing out of a swimming pool, "elbow, elbow, belly, knees". So he just pulls himself up. We also taught him how to turn on his belly and ease down feet first. Kids are great climbers LOL.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"