Pre-School and Daycare

Preschool Schedule Help Needed.

We live in Florida, and where there there is a parental choice for either a VPK program or private tuition.  There is no  "Universal Preschool Program."

I have been touring schools to find out the best fit for my child.

Now I ask, for children enrolled in preschool what does a typical schedule look like?   There isn't any playtime/outdoor play for these children or is it back to back education needs (reading, writing etc.)?

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Preschool Schedule Help Needed.

• My son is 4.5 and attends preschool at our local elementary school (free of charge).

The day is 845-130 two days a week. They start the day outside for 30-45 minutes. Then go in, have snack, then free play. After they have circle and "work time". Then lunch and then either library or music. That's their whole day.

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Tx, my kids get a mix of outdoor/playtime with education.  Often they make the educational curriculum fun w/ crafts or songs integrating what they learned for the day.  We have homework weekly too reinforcing the letter of the week with a collage, found household item,etc...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Our preschool does have recess--I think it's 20 minutes.  The schedule includes free play, circle time, learning stations, story time, potty time, snack and recess.  2 1/2 hours goes by fast but they pack a lot in!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Totally depends on the program.  Are you looking at full day or half day or just a 2 hour program?  Time at school will play a huge part in the set up of the day and what they do.

My kdis preschool and PreK was set up very close to the same.  My kids are full day, 5 days a week.

A basic day is

• Play time at stations in the room
    • Breakfast
    • Circle Time/group time
    • Group activity - may be science related, reading, etc
    • Outside time (weather permitting)
    • Lunch
    • Rest time
    • Snack
    • Outside
    • Closing group
    • Stations - free time
    I think I'm off on some of the order but in general, the kids have a great mix of  educational time, free time at different stations and down time with meals/snacks mixed in.  I
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"