Parenting after a Loss
Options

Random vents anyone?

I am sick of this winter.  The cold and craptastic weather is making me depressed.

I can't believe we live in 2013 and there isn't any sort of remedy for babies with colds.  I think it sucks that all I can do for DS right now is suction his snot and wipe his nose every 3 seconds. 

I hate that I've had a headache every day for the last two weeks with zero explanation. 

HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I HATE THIS WEATHER?!  Chicago winters suck balls.

That is all.  I feel better-ish.  Anyone else?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
 BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

Re: Random vents anyone?

• Options

I guess right now I need to complain about myself.  I am a lifelong procrastinator, and it always gets me into trouble, and I always say I'll never do it again, and I ALWAYS do.  My current work predicament is 100% of my own creation, but I just can't kick it into gear without the threat of a looming deadline, even though I have been worried sick over it to the point of insomnia for days.

..but then why am I bumping instead of finishing my grant application that should have been done days ago so that others can edit and look over it before submission on Friday?   Exactly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I am ready for spring and so sick of the gray, cold weather - although it could be worse. Snow wise this has been a tame year for my area.

I'm mad at my back, although if I worked more on my core muscles I wouldn't be having back troubles BUT since my back is being a *** I can't go to Zumba until probably next week... where I can work on my core strength. Mother FUDGE!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePeanut2929:

I am sick of this winter.  The cold and craptastic weather is making me depressed.

I can't believe we live in 2013 and there isn't any sort of remedy for babies with colds.  I think it sucks that all I can do for DS right now is suction his snot and wipe his nose every 3 seconds. 

I hate that I've had a headache every day for the last two weeks with zero explanation. 

I love Chicago, but I have visited in winter, and omigosh, yes. It is unpleasant.

DD has almost no interest in solid foods. I'm afraid what little interest she did show in BLW we're crushing with the switch to spoon feeding. I wish I had a mother who could've remotely prepared me for some of the unexpectedly ridiculously hard things about raising children.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm mad childcare is so expensive and DH feels this is somewhere we can save money. Making this decision is so hard.

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

• Options
    imageRusalkaSings:
    imagePeanut2929:

I love Chicago, but I have visited in winter, and omigosh, yes. It is unpleasant.

DD has almost no interest in solid foods. I'm afraid what little interest she did show in BLW we're crushing with the switch to spoon feeding. I wish I had a mother who could've remotely prepared me for some of the unexpectedly ridiculously hard things about raising children.

Don't worry, it will grow on her. I was freaking out because DS showed no interest in solid foods for like the first month. Once they get the hang of it and start getting a little older, it grows on them.  Don't worry, I used to think DS was going to be bottle fed/boob fed until he was like 12 since he wouldn't take much solid food. But lo and behold, here he is, eating solid foods like a champ. Even table foods now!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• Options
    imageRusalkaSings:
    imagePeanut2929:

The whole solid food thing is weird.  I tried to give LO some baby led weaning food, but he just stares at it.  Everything else that he can get his little hands on he picks up and puts immediately into his mouth (including the dog bone- twice this weekend, but that is another story), everything except food that I actually want him to eat.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I hate where I live and I really miss home.  I miss being so close to a huge University and all the fun educational programs that they offer for kids.  I miss my friends and family and having more that 1, yes 1 Starbucks in town. 

I wish these next 4 years on DH's contract would hurry up, or that the Marine Corps would move us somewhere better... like California.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hate my job.  I am bored and miscontent.  I hate what I do.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14

• Options
    imageOatoa:

I hate my job.  I am bored and miscontent.  I hate what I do.

Amen. I hate my job too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options

I'm annoyed I have to return to work next week and I have been keeping up with emails...nothing has changed for the better in the three months I have been out.  So effing looking forward to it.  So done with that job and career but so trapped because there's nothing out there that pays more.  It's too late to start over especially since I'm the breadwinner.

I have been dealing with tooth/teeth pain for the past couple of weeks. The dentist can't pinpoint which tooth/teeth it is so I go back next week for another look-see. It hurts like hell when I drink hot and cold liquids.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJuddandJessica:
    I'm mad childcare is so expensive and DH feels this is somewhere we can save money. Making this decision is so hard.

It is INCREDIBLY hard, and it's the one place where you honestly don't want to scrimp, if you can. Have you looked into your local child care resource and referral agency? I work for the one in my area, and they help parents know what to look for in good care, give them free referrals, and can help you find out if you're eligible for subsidy. You can find yours here, if you're interested:

https://childcareaware.org/

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagePeanut2929:
    imageRusalkaSings:
    imagePeanut2929:

Don't worry, it will grow on her. I was freaking out because DS showed no interest in solid foods for like the first month. Once they get the hang of it and start getting a little older, it grows on them.  Don't worry, I used to think DS was going to be bottle fed/boob fed until he was like 12 since he wouldn't take much solid food. But lo and behold, here he is, eating solid foods like a champ. Even table foods now!

This gives me hope!

imageLadiebug710:
    imageRusalkaSings:
    imagePeanut2929:

The whole solid food thing is weird.  I tried to give LO some baby led weaning food, but he just stares at it.  Everything else that he can get his little hands on he picks up and puts immediately into his mouth (including the dog bone- twice this weekend, but that is another story), everything except food that I actually want him to eat.

DD will go for some things, if she's in the mood. I've found the middle of the day is best.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"