Parenting after a Loss

FU to baby book recs

How honest are you all with your LO's baby book, if there is a section on pregnancy?  Did you have a pregnancy journal or just a baby book?

When I look back at the "Pregnancy Journal" someone got me, I left most of it blank or put some general answer like, "Excited and anxious".

I don't want DD to look at it and be like WTF, did you feel anything at all or wonder if I even cared about my pregnancy wiht her, but I also don't want her to look at it and be terrified of pregnancy because I had such a rough time or to realize that I was scared she was going to die every.single.day of my pregnancy.

I am debating just pitching it.

What did you do? 

Re: FU to baby book recs

• I was going to blog during my pregnancy.  I was going to keep a journal.  Until I realized exactly what you are saying.  I was anxious and worried and stressed about keeping her and myself healthy. 

I'll tell her she was my dream come true.  That I've never prayed or wanted anything more in my entire life.  Until she needs to hear "I felt that way too", I'll keep the anxiety portion of my pregnancy to myself.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wrote while I was pregnant with DD and I feel like when she's older, it will mean a lot to me to talk to her about the reality of pregnancy. How she truly was a gift, but how scared and anxious I was, too. I think, at least for me, a lot of my hurt when we miscarried was assuaged by knowing that I wasn't alone, and having women in my life who'd experienced the same thing and gone on to have healthy children.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't get one because of the reasons you mentioned. Someday I hope to share everything with her, but it will be when she needs to hear the 'I felt that way too' stuff.

She will know about my losses, however. I always knew about my mom's losses, and it was never an issue. In fact, it showed how much she wanted us, and later it made me feel less alone on my journey.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • I didn't write in my pregnancy journal until 12 or 13 days before he was born which also happened to be DD's birthday (angelversary) I was honest about my feelings and thoughts at the time. I've read it since and it's nothing I wouldn't want him to read some day, but probably not until he's older and can understand.

My mom barely wrote anything in my baby book and never kept a journal, and she didn't have any issue like what we're discussing she was just busy. I never thought anything about it. I wouldn't worry, but if it really bothers you then toss it.

?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
  • imagemork:
    I didn't get one because of the reasons you mentioned. Someday I hope to share everything with her, but it will be when she needs to hear the 'I felt that way too' stuff. She will know about my losses, however. I always knew about my mom's losses, and it was never an issue. In fact, it showed how much she wanted us, and later it made me feel less alone on my journey.

That's beautiful to hear, (not that you both had to go through that), but that it made you feel wanted and loved by her and that it helped you later on.

?DD 9/17/10 22wks I carry you in my heart.?
    bfp#2 2/14/11? cerclage placed at 13 weeks
    ?DS 9/29/11 36 wks 3 days 8lb 20 1/4" ?
    bfp#3 12/15/12 CP 12/27/12
    bfp#4 2/25/13
    beta#1 51 beta#2 163 beta#3 1,370
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"