Adoption

How long for Foster Care License?

I'm not a good waiter.  I never have been.

So I'm wondering if anyone out there can tell me how long from when your homestudy and application reached the licensing office at the state until when you were licensed?

Our caseworker faxed all in on Monday - and she thought we might hear back before Christmas.  But we haven't heard anything and now I'm wondering if that is even possible.

Also - I called the state office to see how long they are taking (see? I'm a completely impatient pain in the butt) but had to leave a message since the person wasn't there.

I know it's unlikely we'd get a placement by Christmas - but I'd really like to at least be available, you know?

Would love to hear your thoughts. And/or calming mantras... :) 

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.

Re: How long for Foster Care License?

• Our was 30 day max wait. 10 day for off site auditing approval and then the state had 20 days to approve. It did take a few days less than that.

Hang in there. Waiting sucks. Once you know you are approved you will pull your hair out wondering when the phone will ring. Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were told it was a 45 to 60 day wait.  But we were licensed on day 44!  That was the ONLY thing that happened ahead of schedule in our licensing process.  

I do know that in our state if they have no available foster families, they can do emergency licenses for foster parents in your situation to take a placement.  They basically put a rush on it so you can take the child.  

I remember how much the waiting sucks.  And it always used to annoy me when people said to just enjoy the quiet and your time with DH- but it is true!  Enjoy some non-kid-friendly time!  

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think it took about 45 days.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• Thanks, All!!

We're still waiting... :)  But with the holidays, I guess that makes sense.  The state came back with about 6 questions on our homestudy - one of which was if "Husky Rescue" meant a dog rescue for huskies.  Yes.  Yes it does.

That was Thursday, 12/27.  Answered all the questions with our agency caseworker and she submitted them on Friday 12/28.  So we'll see where from here.

I'll keep you posted! 

Married mom of 3 bio kids - trying to grow the family through adoption - either DIA or Fost-Adopt.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"